• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amnesia (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:55 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
What's with the Orion hate!? D:
He's the cutest character and he brings light-hearted moments to a show that definitely needs some!
Plus he's the only one Heroine is comfortable with and they like being around each other. Right now he's her only friend and guide. Take him away and she's really going to freak out.

Maybe because rather than cute he's annoying, he keeps telling us stuff that we already know (and the heroine already knows) as if we're all retarded and need to be told things like "Look, he's staring at you!" or "Oh no! She just asked a difficult question! We're in a pinch!"

And rather than bring light-hearted moments, he's just making her paranoid. Shin probably wanted to talk about twenty other things, because honestly, I doubt a normal person's thought process is "My friend just passed out-she is acting strange- she must have amnesia", but instead, Orion prompted her to run away instead of talking to him (which, hello? isn't that supposed to be the way to get your memories back? talking?) which in turn led to her falling off a cliff (obviously far less dangerous than having her friend suspect she has Amnesia)

Besides, while I understand why Orion told her not to go the hospital, I don't get why he doesn't want her to tell her friends of her conditions. I'm sure at least Shin and Toma would be pretty helpful, seeing as they are childhood friends. If they know she's lost her memories it would be a lot easier to ask them about her past.

Also, the fact that nobody, on the course of two episodes, has ever called her by her name, is becoming ridiculous. You know, any normal person has tons of documentation with their name on them. I mean, at this point, either she already knows her own name and the staff hasn't cared to point it out, or she's a total retard -which, by what I've seen so far, she apparently is.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:05 am Reply with quote
Orion is getting annoying and they're still wasting too much time on her just sorta hanging out with her sexy guy friends (although episode 2 was an improvement). Despite this though, I'm gonna stick with this show. There's actually a really interesting mystery boiling here. I want to see where it goes.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Maybe because rather than cute he's annoying,

I disagree but whatever. >_>

Quote:
Orion prompted her to run away instead of talking to him (which, hello? isn't that supposed to be the way to get your memories back? talking?) which in turn led to her falling off a cliff (obviously far less dangerous than having her friend suspect she has Amnesia)

It's not fair to blame that entirely on Orion. She had a vision of Shin telling her something terrible spoiler[I killed someone] so when he got close to her, she freaked out and ran for it.
Is it 'retarded' to run away from someone who you think is a spoiler[murderer?]

Orion DOES bring light-hearted moments. He's the only reason she began to smile again. You can't deny that much. He feels bad for what happened and is trying his best to fix it. Even if his methods don't make much sense to us now, at least give the series time to explain why.

And I think Orion doesn't want anyone else to realize the amnesia because they might make her go to the hospital.

Quote:
Also, the fact that nobody, on the course of two episodes, has ever called her by her name, is becoming ridiculous.

That is a little.....>_> doesn't really make sense.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:34 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I'm a fan of two-tones and gradients. Anime hyper I practically eye-gasmed while watching Itsuka Tenma No Kuro Usagi because of Himea's hair. Anime hyper

Himea's hair i have no problem with. I though it was beautiful. multicolored eyes that look like they are puzzle pieces, however, that's a bit odd
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:21 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Chiibi"]
CrowLia wrote:

Quote:
Orion prompted her to run away instead of talking to him (which, hello? isn't that supposed to be the way to get your memories back? talking?) which in turn led to her falling off a cliff (obviously far less dangerous than having her friend suspect she has Amnesia)

It's not fair to blame that entirely on Orion. She had a vision of Shin telling her something terrible spoiler[I killed someone] so when he got close to her, she freaked out and ran for it.
Is it 'retarded' to run away from someone who you think is a spoiler[murderer?]

Well, kind of, considering that in her vision he was calmly and apologetically spoiler[confessing his crime rather than "I murdered someone and now that I've told you, I'll kill you too mwahahaha"]. The girl should give some credit to his childhood friend, you know, considering how quickly she's friend with the spoiler[annoying, flying and speaking tiny idiot who caused her amnesia]

Not to mention that she can't be sure of that vision, considering the spoiler[one with Kento and the festival was apparently fake]
Beltane70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I was actually pretty distracted by the fact that it's the middle of summer, yet just about everyone is dressed in clothing that is more appropriate for cooler weather. Anyone who's been in Japan during the summer knows just how hot and humid it gets.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure there is no season in Japan where that clothing is appropriate.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:56 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Well, kind of, considering that in her vision he was calmly and apologetically spoiler[confessing his crime rather than "I murdered someone and now that I've told you, I'll kill you too mwahahaha"].

It doesn't matter how the confession is delivered. People still fear spoiler[murderers.]
It's common instinct to run.

Quote:
The girl should give some credit to his childhood friend, you know, considering how quickly she's friend with the spoiler[annoying, flying and speaking tiny idiot who caused her amnesia]

But she doesn't remember being friends with him!
Orion's not an idiot. You're just calling him that because you don't like him. Rolling Eyes
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Orion has to be there because he is the shota character in the harem that never gets picked by the heroine at the end. Laughing

If he wasn't there, the show would have very little dialog. I'm not sure whether that would be a detriment or an improvement. It would probably have made the show much scarier, or really incomprehensible.

I wish there were more memory "clues". I don't see how they are going to get very far at the rate they are being revealed, given that this show is running for only 13 episodes (?)

So far I'm rooting for the guy with the long green hair, since he keeps making the "bwahaha"-I'm-up-to-no-good-crazy-stalker faces at the camera when none of the other characters can see. At least he is interesting, in an obvious and amusing "I'm a villain!" sort of way. Sadly, it seems predestined that the heroine's choice will be the spoiler[dark haired, misunderstood, boring tsundere guy], since this is the way shows like this always end up.

I'm watching this for the mystery and the eye candy, even though the guys are, so far, nothing more than predictable tropes with a wardrobe designed by Hisoka of HXH. (... that playing card motif - ubiquitous in the Hisoka Men's Fashion Outlet for bishounen). Cool
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
boring tsundere guy

"Boring" and "tsundere guy" cannot be used in the same sentence.
Sorry. :p
But I'm not sure if Shin even is a tsundere. He's....well, a little too mysterious to pinpoint his personality quite yet. He might actually be a kuudere guy.
......I don't like that green-haired wacko. o_O He's weird...
rheiders

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:40 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:

I wish there were more memory "clues". I don't see how they are going to get very far at the rate they are being revealed, given that this show is running for only 13 episodes (?)

Especially considering that apparently some of the memories are fake.

And I'll concur with the hypothesis that these clothes were designed by Hisoka, especially since the shota is the one with the weird belly shirt. xP
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:45 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Orion's not an idiot. You're just calling him that because you don't like him. Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I don't like him, but I wouldn't say he's not an idiot, considering he was the one who mistakenly bumped into the heroine's soul, jumbling her memories. I may not know a lot about shota spirits, but I'm inclined to believe that smart spirits, in general, don't ruin people's life by accident
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:11 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Yeah, I don't like him, but I wouldn't say he's not an idiot, considering he was the one who mistakenly bumped into the heroine's soul, jumbling her memories. I may not know a lot about shota spirits, but I'm inclined to believe that smart spirits, in general, don't ruin people's life by accident

Well, since at the end of eppie #2 he has spoiler[disappeared], I'm starting to wonder if he is working for the green haired guy. Laughing
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:27 am Reply with quote
I hope so. It would be a great twist if he didn't juggle her memories by accident but by orders of misterious-yet-clearly-villainous-guy. Or what if the green-haired guy is actually after Orion, who is the actual villain?

I'm not seriously expecting half of the intelligence required for such a plot from this show, but I mean... it would be nice.

For now I hope Orion spoiler[stays gone] for at least a whole episode
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

So a physically clumsy being is incapable of being intelligent? Rolling Eyes

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

I hope he's in every single episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 16