• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RDG: Red Data Girl (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode Two
Verrrry interesting. spoiler[Izumiko being the vessel for a deity of some kind] looks rather interesting, and I'm curious as to what the plan is for her character arc. The line in episode one spoiler[about her being somebody who needs protection] strikes me as potentially dull, but so far there have been signs she's more proactive than that.

Yukimasa looks to be the most interesting character so far. While he's spoiler[incredibly abusive and demeaning towards his own son, he's instantly understanding and supportive with Izumiko. So is he really dangerous and his kindness is just a work, or is he just far more dedicated to Izumiko and her role as a vessel than he is to Miyuki?]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:17 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm pretty convinced that Wamiya is evil. Proof?

1) That haircut. Come on.

2) In the OP, he is associated with a black crow. Black crows don't scream, "I'm totes a buddy of yours!"

3) In episode 2 at the beginning, he was spoiler[completely hidden in shadow.] Oooo, ominous.

4) He spoiler[hates Miyuki, Izumiko's guardian.] Gee, that's not suspicious at all.

5) Miyuki started off not liking Izumiko. In this kind of story that means he is automatically going to have the hots for her at some point. Wamiya started off seeming to like and be sympathetic to Izumiko. In this kind of story that means he is automatically going to blade her at some point.

6) That haircut. Come on.

I didn't initially realize this was a P.A. Works production. I should have considering how sumptuous everything looks. I really like their visual flair.

Anyway, enjoying this show so far. Seems like a keeper.

@ Ggultra2764 - yes, you could be right about RDG being a Xam'd situation. It'll be interesting to see. Personally, I'd still consider it a TV show as opposed to an ONA. In a case like this, the Internet is simply another platform for a TV show. This is my own personal definition, but something that was always designed for TV broadcast, I consider to be a TV show even if it "airs" on the Internet first.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty convinced that Wamiya is evil. Proof?

1) That haircut. Come on.

2) In the OP, he is associated with a black crow. Black crows don't scream, "I'm totes a buddy of yours!"

3) In episode 2 at the beginning, he was spoiler[completely hidden in shadow.] Oooo, ominous.

4) He spoiler[hates Miyuki, Izumiko's guardian.] Gee, that's not suspicious at all.

Hey...that's blatant hair discrimination! I had friends in high school with bowl cuts and they were nice to me! ^^

As for the crow, it could be referencing Yatagarasu, the 3-legged raven or crow of spoiler[guidance]. In CLAMP's Tokyo Babylon, Subaru's"familiar" could transform into a spoiler[three-headed raven] as an example.

Also, Miyuki was a total jerk so, I don't blame Wamiya for not liking him.

I will agree that Wamiya will play a role in the series; perhaps he is alsospoiler[ possessed by a god or has some powers related to Shintoism.] Unless he's some sort of spoiler[shadowy red herring] to throw us off.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Re: Wamiya's lid: it doesn't help that he's basically a dead ringer for one of Accel World's villains.
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
For the record, the regular run of this series officially starts on April 3rd. The NicoNico stream that Stark700 is referring to is a preview showing of the first episode.

I think NicoNico is going to have it a couple weeks in advance of the TV broadcast in general. Episode 3 goes up on March 30.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Turns out Wamiya is spoiler[a mountain that unknowingly got bound by Izumiko to be a friend. He was not exactly happy with Izumiko changing her mind of deciding to go to Tokyo as after attempting to off Miyuki he tries to kill them by using lightning after making their car crash off the road]. Pretty freaky but at least she managed to spoiler[talk him/it out of doing so, and could set him free].

And now she is at the school that the series description has, we are getting to the meat.
Zork

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:

I was kind of hoping the un-named goddess would have descended again and smacked the Moe Howard look-alike around abit for even thinking about threatening Izumiko. But it was fun to watch Izumiko spoiler[being the strong and authoritative one while Miyuki turned out to be the wimp - "Do what he wants! I can't fight him!" ] Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:27 am Reply with quote
So as it turns out, Wamiya spoiler[wasn't evil per se - at least not in the Western conception of evil. He simply had his own agenda that wasn't particularly in sync with Izumiko's. ] Anyway, Miyuki seems to be spoiler[less obnoxious with Izumiko, so that's good.] Still looking forward to him begging her for it at some point and her coldly saying, "Nah."
誤称

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:41 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
So as it turns out, Wamiya spoiler[wasn't evil per se - at least not in the Western conception of evil. He simply had his own agenda that wasn't particularly in sync with Izumiko's. ] Anyway, Miyuki seems to be spoiler[less obnoxious with Izumiko, so that's good.] Still looking forward to him begging her for it at some point and her coldly saying, "Nah."

I'm really hoping for a StraPani sizing conversation with spoiler[her new roommate in Tokyo. I still say Tamao was robbed.]
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I am late to the game but I finally watched the first and it was mostly meh.One thing that really annoyed about first episode was the typical shojo lead here who has no confidence and gets run over by some abusive asshole like Miyuki. Miyuki too is quite an irritating character especially since he will most likely later turn out to be romantic interest of lead.The backrgound art was really sweet,but the animation was average.I really the score and weird fantasy elements in it.Anyways I will most likely drop this,unfortunately I have very tight schedule so I can only stick with the shows that I really like.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote
What is it with P.A. Works spoiler[having their main characters physically assaulted in the first episode]? First Hanasaku Iroha, now this. I almost gave up on Hanairo spoiler[when granny gave Ohana a mere slap]. Daddy better get his, or someone's getting an angry letter in English.

EDIT: That last sentence is best read in Tom Anderson's voice from Beavis and Butthead.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:01 am Reply with quote
@ Brent Allison - that was my fave part of eppie 1. That little snot had it comin'.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, at first it was pretty boring and I wanted to drop it.
After that it kinda got a bit more interesting.
That girl totally isn't in spoiler[control of her powers].
spoiler[Izumiko - Miyuki] situation looked kinda promising.
Maybe I'll give this anime a chance and a few more episodes.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:48 am Reply with quote
I've only watched the first episode so far, and have mixed feelings. Everything seems fine except that I strongly disliked both the male and female leads. Obviously they're due to get quite a bit of character development, but they might be difficult to tolerate in the meantime, and perhaps even afterward if it isn't sufficient to overcome my initial impressions of them. Judging by what I've glimpsed in this thread, it sounds like things will get interesting enough storywise that it probably won't matter, which is tempting me to risk eye cancer from checking out the other episodes.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:18 pm Reply with quote
been avoiding the pre-air due to low quality, so I've just watched the first episode. Everything looks gorgeous as one might expect from a P.A. Works show. I don't fully understand what is going on, but it's definitely interesting and I will be following this show. Oh, and I'm also glad spoiler[Miyuki] got exactly what he deserved
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10