• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father!' OVA's Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

People should really read Bamboo's Shelf Life article where she gave it a Shelf Worthy raiting before you judge the series based on an ad for a OAV.

Emerje

He specializes in bashing shows he's never watched.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
that's the opposite of what most people think about the show. It starts that way, but it gets better with every episode with the fanservice being non-existant in most of the episodes.
Emerje

ugh... headache.
misaka wants to tell you why that's BS, so I will narrate for her.

first of all, you are being fooled, my friend.
indeed there is no nudity, but no fanservice? Anime exclamation

off the top of my head, I can recall at least 3 times where the show said something like, "Yuta, you like big breasted milk women, don't you?"

the eldest sister is supposed to be mature - but she is some kind of siscon and acts immature so the second sister takes care of her?
the second sister is portrayed as some sort of gal girl and goes on a date with an older man - obviously, this is solely for plot development in a 'pure' supportive way, with no sexual undertones
the little girl is harassed by an overweight otaku in a comedic way

the story gets BETTER?
exactly how did the story get better?

I know you want to say the show is about a family struggling to come together in the face of a crisis, but that is how it STARTED.

it only turns into some bad romantic siscon loli comedy slice of life after that.

Like you said, I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. However, talk is cheap, I hope you have purchased the DVD to show your support.

Fencedude5609 wrote:

Ding Ding Ding! boat coming through, all trolls out from under the bridge!
Ghost10516

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Why so much hate. This show was not terrible in my opinion and had its share of cute moments. Plus the story is not bad and the MC isn't a hopeless lolicon pervert.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I also thought the story was very emotional. I remember getting teary eyedfour times while watching it, ad that's just off the top of my head. I guess I can see why some people would feel a bit iffy about the fan servic but when it involves the girls, its nothing over the top at all.Plus, its not asif the guy ever acts onSoras poor attempts at romance (if you can even call those small instances attempts). Hss busy in anADULT relationship. Fan service could have been toned down a bit but its a great show in my opinion
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I do exaggerate.
the show is entertaining so I will concede it is good.

however, since bunny drop exists, I can only see this show as on the back burner.
Heinzendegger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:29 am Reply with quote
Even Bunny Drop is more pedo than this show.
Go read the manga ending why.

Here, the guy ONLY has eyes for the big breasted senpai Raika.
scineram

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
Emerje wrote:

People should really read Bamboo's Shelf Life article where she gave it a Shelf Worthy raiting before you judge the series based on an ad for a OAV.

Emerje

But the OVAs don't continue where the show left off.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
this is a bad pedo show that keeps getting worse, and I mean story-wise
well, it's not as bad as kanamemo which I had to force myself to watch until the end and made me want to throw up a few times

I'm still waiting for the parents to be found living on a deserted island

The fact that you call something "pedo" as an insult while sporting a Remilia (who is a fine piece of delicious cake, I might add) avatar is extra-creamy rich.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
Emerje wrote:
that's the opposite of what most people think about the show. It starts that way, but it gets better with every episode with the fanservice being non-existant in most of the episodes.
Emerje

ugh... headache.
misaka wants to tell you why that's BS, so I will narrate for her.

first of all, you are being fooled, my friend.
indeed there is no nudity, but no fanservice? Anime exclamation

off the top of my head, I can recall at least 3 times where the show said something like, "Yuta, you like big breasted milk women, don't you?"

I was talking about "pedo" fanservice since you're big beef with the show seems to be the age of the girls. And really, diologue now counts as fanservice? Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

Quote:
the eldest sister is supposed to be mature - but she is some kind of siscon and acts immature so the second sister takes care of her?
the second sister is portrayed as some sort of gal girl and goes on a date with an older man - obviously, this is solely for plot development in a 'pure' supportive way, with no sexual undertones
the little girl is harassed by an overweight otaku in a comedic way

Having the middle sister be supportive of the oldest sister is a bad thing? And the "date" really didn't' have any sexual undertones. Somewhere in your mind you're confusing puppy love for sexual desire. The guy showed no interest in her that way, he was just trying to cheer up his friend's niece. She definitely wasn't associating love and sex there.

As for the fat otaku pedophile, not too many people like him and he doesn't really show up much later on.

Quote:
the story gets BETTER?
exactly how did the story get better?

I know you want to say the show is about a family struggling to come together in the face of a crisis, but that is how it STARTED.

it only turns into some bad romantic siscon loli comedy slice of life after that.

What show were you watching? It stayed a show about family struggle all the way through the entire show. The entire time the only thing he had on his mind was keeping his family together. The only love interest he had was the woman from his club. Yes, the oldest sister had a lot of interest in him, but I don't recall her ever actually expressing it in a way that would be considered sexual.

Quote:
Like you said, I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to yours. However, talk is cheap, I hope you have purchased the DVD to show your support.

I paid to watch it on Crunchyroll, or is that not enough to validate my opinion? Rolling Eyes

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:57 pm Reply with quote
As a fan of the show, I can say its definitely got some loli fanservice, especially in the endcards which are basically all fanservicey for the girls (heres an example: http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g295/Myujin/16/PapaKiki575.jpg ).

If you're turned off by loli fanservice, it probably isn't the show for you to begin with.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote
The show would work perfectly well without it, though. Of course it's going to attract people who don't care for the service.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

The fact that you call something "pedo" as an insult while sporting a Remilia (who is a fine piece of delicious cake, I might add) avatar is extra-creamy rich.

remillia is pettanko or pecha-pai or loli
pedo can only be used for girls under 16 years of age Exclamation those acting immature is a case by case basis
I am not here to judge anyone, you are free to live your life with your own fetish desires, anime wants to be free, my friend.
however, neither shall I hide the truth, if a pedo show is pedo, I will call it like it is.

emerje wrote:
I paid to watch it on Crunchyroll, or is that not enough to validate my opinion?

I was just messing with you buddy, your opinion has now been validated and here is your official pedo stamp of approval

Quote:
But the OVAs don't continue where the show left off.

which is another problem with OVAs all on it's own
I don't really see why they are making this second OVA
maybe the manga is more popular than the anime, idk
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
pedo can only be used for girls under 16 years of age Exclamation those acting immature is a case by case basis
By 16, you're into ephebophilia. By 12, hebephilia. Pedophilia is strictly for attraction to prepubescents.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2