• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live Action Prince of Tennis

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domino

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Yay, new Ryoma! I'm excited to see him as Ryoma, because he's perfect (the old live action Ryomas were good, but were a bit too tall and old for the part). The Ryoma actor for the movie was the child version of Sho (Gackt's character) in the movie Moonchild.

The rest of the Seigaku cast will be the same as the cast in the most recent Prince of Tennis musical, which you can see here:
http://www.mmv.co.jp/products/flyer/tennis_musical/play/hyotei/profile/01.html

Other cast members:
Sainei Ryuuji, Iwata Sayuri, RIKIYA, Shimatani Hitomi, Kishitani Gorou

(Iwata Sayuri and Shimatani Hitomi are J-pop singers. I wonder what their roles will be?)
minakichan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quote
AAAH!!!! THE MYU ACTORS ARE PLAYING IN CINEPURI!!!!!

I liked 1st generation myu actors better because even tho they aren't as good looking, they acted better...but...who can pass up Aiba and Araki~~~??

I imagine that it's going to be camera work on tennis moves, because the tone really isn't...CG... but from what I've seen the myu actors do with tennis rackets, I don't think they know any tennis...

No Yanagi...-_-
ParaParaJMo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they'll now make a Ringu ni Kakero live action.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
KarriaChinoRyu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:36 pm Reply with quote
minakichan wrote:
but from what I've seen the myu actors do with tennis rackets, I don't think they know any tennis...

No, they practice tennis. They need to in order to be able to swing the rackets properly. They're probably not very good (Tuti said Suzuki sucks at it Anime hyper), but they know how to play nonetheless.
Akaru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:
I wonder if this will be full of CGI to actually make the tennis moves look the same as the anime series. Twist serve and Boomerang snake? I'd love to see them actually attempt that!

Well, quoted from http://us.yesasia.com/musicNews/index.asp?lang=en&section=music&code=c&
Quote:
The popular anime Prince Of Tennis that revolves around a Tennis student phenomenon, will also be made into a live action movie, and will use extensive CGI technology for the numerous tennis sequences. Hongo Kanata, the newcomer who debuted in Hinokio will portray the protagonist, young tennis genius, Kosumae Ryoma. Hongo's looks, character and acting skills no doubt make him perfect for the role. He has already proved his unfaltering dedication to the Prince Of Tennis project by attending a crash tennis course five months prior to shooting. The official release date of the movie has been slated for spring 2006.

So yes, CGI will be extensively used for the skills Very Happy

And here's a page on Hongo (actor for Ryoma) that I googled up: http://www.stardust.co.jp/file/profile/hongo.html
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2