• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cromartie Creator's Double-J Moe Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"life in a high school full of cute girls"

this is something really unexpected... I mean, hardly anyone ever heard of an anime about cute girls in school...

if only someone in the industry would come up with idea about teenage school boy who suddenly finds out that he has superpowers... I doubt anyone heard about that, too...
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
Note the description:
Quote:
manga about the surreal, strange "life in a high school full of cute girls"

Great so the cast will include (but not limited too) Tsundere's, Yandere's and maybe even a cast member with a obsession of some type?

To think the author went from making a slice of life comedy to a moe blob show. Just what the anime industry needs more of, moe.
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Something tells me Teriyaki Terrier doesn't understand the diabolical genius that is the creator of Cromartie.
vashthekaizoku

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I just wish someone would rescue the US license for the Cromartie manga! It died with ADV at volume 12 of 17...
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:42 pm Reply with quote
ninjaclown wrote:
Something tells me Teriyaki Terrier doesn't understand the diabolical genius that is the creator of Cromartie.

You do realize I was just kidding with the first sentence I wrote right? I figured some might get the joke, but this being the internet, I figured I might as well explain it.

Vashthekaizoku: There is a chance that Yen Press might license it. As I don't think Viz Media (with all the issues they are having now) and Dark Horse are going to license it any time soon. But who knows, Yen Press might not license it, so I have no clue.

And even if YP did license it, it would take a long time before they reached what ADV didn't cover. It could even take several years.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
And even if YP did license it, it would take a long time before they reached what ADV didn't cover. It could even take several years.

There's an easy way around that problem... don't go back and re-do the first twelve volumes.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:19 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

There's an easy way around that problem... don't go back and re-do the first twelve volumes.

But do you really think a company (i.e. Yen Press) would do that? If they are licensing the manga, it must mean they are trying to attract new fans, besides long time fans of the series.

But you do have a point and it has been done with video games, so it's possible this could be done.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:22 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

But that'll reduce the demand for the 13th volume because new fans will be automatically written out. The best they can do is to re-release the first 12 volumes as quickly as possible, maybe as four 3-volume omnibuses (they don't need as large a print-run neither).
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
bglassbrook wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

But that'll reduce the demand for the 13th volume because new fans will be automatically written out. The best they can do is to re-release the first 12 volumes as quickly as possible, maybe as four 3-volume omnibuses (they don't need as large a print-run neither).

Which is why I don't think that any company would do that these days. Writing out new fans is almost never a business move (at least now and days) because relying solely on older fans may not work out.

Omnibuses would be a wise decision though.
TopGunman

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
I'd usually not care but this is the guy who made Cromartie Highschool, the funniest anime in the history of funniest anime. I'd rather they make more episodes for that CHS instead of this new one but I'll give it a chance because no one can top his humor.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Nichijou is one of the best shows this season. If this is half as funny as Nichijou, I'll watch it

Long live moe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2