• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Anime to Air This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:36 am Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
I hope Funimation releases season two soon, I'd love to be able to stream this!

Considering that my Youtube account got banned recently because Funi flagged on of my videos (A Shana review..[expletive] not-so-nice-people), I think it's safe to assume they'll probably release it sometime this year, probably as the third season starts, in typical Funi fashion.

Anyways...Can't wait to see this! Shana is one of my all-time favorite series and I've been DYING for a new season since the second one finishing airing! This, along with the FMA and Hayate movies make this a very good year to be an anime fan.
Darksorrow29

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:

"license yet hear nothing about Higurashi"

In my personal opinion, I think there is a pretty obvious reason why Higurashi Kai didn't get licensed. It was spoiler[super boring >>] I have a post somewhere about it.

Anyways, woo on more Shana III!
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
Finally. I've been waiting to hear about something like this, and it's finally happening. This is a glorious day for big Shakugan no Shana fans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote
I just hope there's nothing like the Fumina Konoe arc in Shana III

That arc was so pointless and stretched to hell that I almost dropped Shana II. Luckily the second half of the series was a lot better.
Weiss_Yohji

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
I hope Funimation releases season two soon, I'd love to be able to stream this!

They better release it. Why haven't they yet? Are they just going to sit on it and let it rot?
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Season three's going to be a movie? or a season?

also will be happy when season 2 and ova s come out from funimation!
rewpbertt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Well thank god they didn't make an original ending. I love thise show and i am stoked for this. FINALLY!
monkeyshinobi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Fuuu- YEEEEEE!! Good news! :] Now i need to finish the second season..
Matriel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:

It will be a full season. Considering that, as pointed out in this thread, the long wait was due most likely to waiting for new content from the light novels so that no filler would need to be created, you could probably assume that it will be at least 13 episodes. I don't follow the light novels and so am not aware of how much content is left to guess if season 3 will be 24/26 episodes. Anyone have any insight into this?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Matriel wrote:
Catseyetiger wrote:

It will be a full season. Considering that, as pointed out in this thread, the long wait was due most likely to waiting for new content from the light novels so that no filler would need to be created, you could probably assume that it will be at least 13 episodes. I don't follow the light novels and so am not aware of how much content is left to guess if season 3 will be 24/26 episodes. Anyone have any insight into this?

There are 22 novels counting the final one releasing in late June

Season 1: 1-7
Season 2: 8-13

And one would assume...

Season 3: 14-22

It will be 24/26, easily.
Getsuga311

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Matriel wrote:
Catseyetiger wrote:

it should be a double season (24 episode series), since the other series were 24 episodes a piece and they only got as far as vol 15 of the novels, with the 25th (last) to be released soon, so each series covered roughly 6 novels (vol 10 and 14 were "side stories" not in the series) and there are still 9 left (vol 19 is another "side story")

also, only the first 2 novels were ever translated and released by Viz before dropping the series and unlike some other light novel series (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Zero no Tsukaima) no fan translations really happened for it, so i think only a few japanese speakers and readers will know the content of the remaining novels, and anyone who looked for spoilers i guess

Last edited by Getsuga311 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Getsuga311 wrote:
Matriel wrote:
Catseyetiger wrote:

it should be a double season (24 episode series), since the other series were 24 episodes a piece and they only got as far as vol 15/16 of the novels, with the 25th (last) to be released soon, so each series covered roughly 8 novels and there are still 9/10 novels left

also, only the first 2 novels were ever translated and released by Viz before dropping the series and unlike some other light novel series (Toaru Majutsu no Index, Zero no Tsukaima) no fan translations really happened for it, so i think only a few japanese speakers and readers will know the content of the remaining novels, and anyone who looked for spoilers i guess

25 counts the side story novels, which were covered by Shana S, but those have nothing to do with the main story. Its 22 novels for the actual story, and 13 of them were covered in the first 2 seasons.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Now this is more like it, official news source!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Noooooooo! Now when I'm so fed up with Rie whatsoever. Oh for christ's sake.
John Casey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Bleh. I would've been excited about this a few years ago. I just rewatched Shana a couple of weeks ago, and honestly, I found myself liking it a lot more the first time I saw it. In fact, some of the stuff in there was outright crappy, and just poorly executed.

That, and I honestly can't stand anymore of Rie. "Shut up shut up shut up!" indeed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5