• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Legends Untold

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
varmintx wrote:
I'm only interested in an uncensored Xenosaga HD collection.

Is that viable?

I...might get it, although the legendary length of Xenosaga's FMV sequences is daunting to say the least.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:33 am Reply with quote
Super Dodge Ball is fun for summer, but nothing beats the Commodore 64 Summer Games! Cool

Anyways, the amazing no-news the last week is................ there's no major crashing of Destiny servers!
When's the last time that happened for a game release this big with servers solid as a rock?! Seems like the previous several ones always on the news suffered their servers bringing to their knees. Laughing
rizuchan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
What's that? You'll buy both [Harvest Moon] games later this year? Well, that takes all the fun out of speculation.

Except I don't think I will. The more I see of Lost Valley the less I like it. The big-headed chibi things are ugly, the characters seem generic, and the whole minecraft-like customization of the farm they keep bragging about honestly seems like it'll be more tedious than fun. But then again, I haven't heard anything about Story of Seasons that blows my mind, either, but I guess with Marvelous' track record I know it won't be terrible, at any rate, while God knows how Lost Valley will turn out. Guess I'll wait till the reviews are out; maybe Lost Valley will be mind-blowing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
I...might get it, although the legendary length of Xenosaga's FMV sequences is daunting to say the least.

Not really.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm pretty underwhelmed by The Lost Valley. While I'm sure the chibi designs could grow on me, but I don't really like the Minecraft-eqse building style of the game. I don't think I'll be picking it up.

Story of Seasons, on the other hand, I'm still considering getting. It has challenges to it, but it still sounds enjoyable. Plus Cam is in it, and I'm enjoying courting him in my Tale of Two Towns game; I wouldn't mind trying to court him again in the new game. :p
kevinx59

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
belvadeer wrote:

Todd annotated the answer in today's X Button logo: Lunar Eternal Blue. It also makes me think they should port EB to a portable like they did Silver Star, but they'd have done it by now if that were the case. Poor Lunar hasn't even had a new entry in years and I'm not counting that godawful kusoge Dragon Song.

Haven't played either of the games in a while, but I'm pretty sure the image itself is taken from one of the in-game cinematics in the PS1 remake; Lunar - Eternal Blue Complete.

Never played any of those games (i was a bit too young to buy games when they came out) but those are the Workings Designs published games right? I always hear interesting things about the localization. Most of them are or PS1 and earlier systems correct? (except for the DS one which I hear bad things about)
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
varmintx wrote:
I'm only interested in an uncensored Xenosaga HD collection.

Is that viable?

I am a huge Xenosaga fan. I'd never played FFX. I'm playing FFX HD. HOLY CRAP, do these cutscenes ever end?! There's way more cutscenes in FFX than in Xenosaga I, and II and III cut way back. Heck, outside of the opening (which still gives you more control in the first 2 hours than FFX does), Xenosaga I doesn't even have that many cutscenes.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Arcana Heart looks moe, but boy is it one of the most hardcore fighting games out there. Don't get into the game thinking it's all fluff. It's about as technical as they come.
Northlander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
Never played any of those games (i was a bit too young to buy games when they came out) but those are the Workings Designs published games right? I always hear interesting things about the localization. Most of them are or PS1 and earlier systems correct? (except for the DS one which I hear bad things about)

Yep. Dunno if it was a staple of Working Designs, but they had a tendency to add their own brand of comedy to the translations, giving the US releases more of a comedic bent than the original Japanese version. The first versions of the game was released on the Sega CD, and the first GAME actually plays out a lot different there than it does on the Saturn/PS1 remake.
kazume

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:33 am Reply with quote
Part 3's Qoga had a way more 'hardcore' scene that really wasn't but.. oh well search it, should be in the 'related area' when you click on the one available in the article for part 1 so you can see what I mean.

And omg that post for the Duck Hunt Dog. I say scru that dood and make him send the pic; there's no honor on the internet. He made a statement without all the facts so it's on him to deliver on the original promise.

"He didn't believe in the duck so he's gotta send the dic" should be the title of his foolishness. That or as he claims, should be on his tombstone if he really wants to joke that he'll get killed for it. That's just too damn funny.

I remember telling people that I'd PROBABLY get a shirt saying "I bought UMvC3 for Phoenix Wright" because I did in fact, buy the game,... and Promptly sold it back when they nerfed him... WTF capcom?!?!?! SO no shirt was ever needed here, they don't deserve the free publicity.

But let's just say, I will proudly get a shirt that says (not word-for-word, but you get the idea) "I Bought Smash 4 for the Duck Hunt Dog."

Because to me, 'joke' characters like this are proof that game companies still have a sense of humor. In a world where they're plagued by expectations not only from their bosses to make the next AAA title or million seller, but also expectations from the fans/gamers to make a game "good and not suck," we need a laugh every now and then. Phoenix Wright provided this in UMvC3 and DHD will do so in the next smash.

I will main this dog and his duck proudly regardless if he's 'low tier' or whatever the (in)famous "Smash Community" deems him to be, I don't really care. I'm gonna concentrate on having my fun with the game regardless Anime smile

Now to find a place that does shirts cheap and to see if i can get a nice picture of the dog and the duck (il)legally put on the shirt as well...
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
So this Kickstarter project is now finished and a product is now available. I had been waiting for this book to finally get released. I may want to check it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2