• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aquarion Gets 3rd TV Anime, Aquarion Logos, in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Nagabuchi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:00 am Reply with quote
natchu96 wrote:

Only two vectors though? meh.

Actually, the director announced that there would be SIX Vectors in Logos Smile
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:09 am Reply with quote
If this is a soft reboot of sorts, I'd be okay with it.

EVOL really messed with the mythology of the original series + OVA. I can't see a third being that much better than EVOL when it comes to handling the lore/characters. Made ZEN, and by extension GEN, out to be kind of an ass, especially after the conclusion of the original series.

Of course, hoping there's a Fudo as that's the one constant throughout everything but please, not a ZEN.

There's also 6 Vectors this time, not the usual 3. If that's the case, I'm hoping they play up how genius Aquarion's design is considering how many forms you can make outside of the core ones in the show. I mean, we're getting AquaDog in the EVOL OVA and we already had Aquariasaurus in the original OVA. Hopefully, they add some of that outrageous stuff into a TV run.
omiya

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:39 am Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
But no Akino or Yoko Kanno? Blasphemy!!!!

For the OVA:

http://aqlogos.com/news/20150321/post-3

Music: Yoko Kanno, Hokari Hisaaki, Ayako Otsuka

For the new series:

http://aqlogos.com/staff-cast/

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/R・O・N

I wonder how it will turn out.
natchu96

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
The Nagabuchi wrote:
natchu96 wrote:

Only two vectors though? meh.

Actually, the director announced that there would be SIX Vectors in Logos Smile

I was referring to the main revealed mech right now being made from two. We could have 3 Aquarion at the same time I guess. . .

Next thing you know we get a powerup and we get a three-way merge. Because Fudou logic and three arrows. Was about as interesting as donuts. Speaking of we need more Fudou. Aquarion won't make sense unless he's in it spoiler[this is Apollonius we're talking about after all].
SniperRuleZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:58 am Reply with quote
ChrisA15 wrote:
itachi06103570 wrote:
kevinx59 wrote:
But no Akino or Yoko Kanno? Blasphemy!!!!
if akino and bless 4 isn't doing this I don't know what else is wrong with the world because of aquarion I grew to love the group and their many songs..............(goes and sits in a corner and cries)

I'm sure they will use tracks from the previous series at LEAST.....hopefully.

Music production is Flying Dog, hence it's most likely AKINO (whether with bless4 or from bless4) should be providing the theme songs.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
Chris Bevins might have more Aquarion work for him.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Chris Bevins might have more Aquarion work for him.

Assuming they keep the reincarnation shenanigans.

I wouldn't mind Funi getting the Evol OVA though, maybe fixing the mistake of not grabbing the original OVA/movie too? That'd be amusing, having him talking to himself.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:47 am Reply with quote
Ugh. So to celebrate the franchise....lets get rid of the best part about it, Yoko Kanno!

And to anyone who is considering watching S1 and 2 for this, I greatly suggest not to. The franchise isn't really very good overall. The best part of it by far is the music...so just buy the OSTs and be done.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote
Not crazy about the staff (especially Kumagai as the head writer), but I'll check it out. As I suspected, Kawamori is too busy with Macross Delta to have a a more substantial involvement in these new Aquarion projects.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:16 pm Reply with quote
This entire series reminds of Power Rangers. You know, super power morphing robots and all that. Anyway, never really been a fan of this. The CGI doesn't look any better than what is used traditionally, and the lack of mecha variety in the first season was a big issue for me. There were only three Vectors which always had to morph into one of three huge Aquarion. I would have liked to see more Vectors and then more variety in the Aquarions. For a show revolving around Mechas, three is a very low amount.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
I preferred Evol's character designs but these ain't bad. I'll check it out. But no Akino or Yoko Kanno? Blasphemy!!!! I'm curious about the Aquarion Love series though. Is it related to this series, or does it have something to do with Evol (cause' of the title)?

it actually the sequel . however considering that at times logos ususally mean genesis, its also a 50% chance it might end up being a prequel. though from the looks of things it will be more about mecha action like in the first one instead of a psuedo-harem fanservice series like Evol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
i couldn't finish the 2nd series. the first series is Ok.
KingKhai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
oh boy, I AIN'T touching another Aquarion. No no no. They never made much sense to me. They always leave me with mixed feelings. Mostly bad ones.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:18 pm Reply with quote
It'll be interesting how this new season of Aquarion will play out with these new characters. Here's hoping the story will be full of intense action. Smile

That said, it's been many ages since I watched the initial season of Aquarion. I ought to get to watching that sometime soon.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote
... another one?

the first series was great and left a bittersweet feeling at the conclusion, the second was a mix between good and horrible depending on which angsty teen was getting screentime. the only thing that really kept me around was watchin fudo and that loli spoiler[vampire] it was far too lovey dovey to be serious since the 1st season already exhausted that trope.

if the 3rd season doesnt have fudo its an instant flop and if it continues the teenage lovey dovey thing its just gonna be a bust. If they change the focus and atmosphere on the other hand they could make a good series since all the elements are there and it even has 2 seasons of history
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3