• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Excel Saga Manga Approaches Its Finale After 15 Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foggle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
I take it they finally conquered the city? Laughing

Yes, actually. Well, kind of.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Maybe this will push Viz into releasing the series a tad faster
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
If it could end with Iwata going berserk and killing Dr. Kabapu before self destructing, I would be pleased with the ending. Oh, and take out Sumiyoshi too. Perhaps it was an acceptable translation decision to give him that unreadable accent, but I've given up trying to interpret what he says and I just gloss over his dialog. I don't feel I'm missing anything by ignoring him.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:19 am Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
Hopefully with the series wrapping up in Japan, Viz will consider speeding things up here. It's a pain when titles hit that point where they catch up to the Japanese release enough that they fall into irregular print schedule.
The manga is wonderful, much better than the anime. The jokes are a bit more out there (such as when Il Palazzo took a swing at Christmas). Iwata has been a cyborg (only his brain was saved) through a majority of the book as a major dif. Watanabe was pretty funny when he lost it after Il Palazzo collected Hyatt. Elgala has her moments, though she wasn't in the anime.

Yeah, it really is unfortunate. I first noticed that sort of thing happened with Fullmetal Alchemist. After years of publishing every other month (I think that was the rate.), it got close to the Japanese publication, and, now fans in North America are getting the last volumes like a year after the Japanese did.

Hopefully VIZ Media will speed publication up on Excel Saga. If they keep publishing at the rate of one volume a year, it'll be five more years before volume 27 will hit North America.

The fans definitely will get impatient. They don't want to wait until 2016.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Excel Saga: Brotherhood (er... Sisterhood?) please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:18 am Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
Excel Saga: Brotherhood (er... Sisterhood?) please.

YES!
Boelzinator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:10 am Reply with quote
Just like Pedro from the Anime would say:

My tears are running from my eyes like waterfalls! THE NUMBERS DON'T ADD UP! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2