• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: The Cast and Crew of A Lull in the Sea

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:55 am Reply with quote
Zac: the first question for Kana Hanazawa is mixed in with the answer.

The "declining feel" certainly came across in the peeling paint and rust stains everywhere, although it seemed like they went a bit far with it in places (not as much as Sidonia where they apply the same worn texture to everything - even brand new equipment)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Unfortunately for the producers of Nagi no Asukara, it bombed in Japan sales-wise.

4.2k average per volume is not a "bomb" for sales.

My bad. I was convinced it averaged around 1.5k. I will amend my statement and say that it did not have huge sales numbers, but it actually did quite good.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
primum_mobile wrote:
What weren't all the parings obvious in the end?

HikarixManaka but taking it slow
TsumuguxChisaki
Kaname will open a possibility with a future with Sayu
Miuna, as the show's theme says; will grow and have new feelings after her unrequited love.

post show promo material are already pairing her up with Uroko.

It still wasn't fully concrete. They could've easily just had Hikari and Manaka say it outloud. No reason to do it the way it was done other than to purposely be vague. As for hte promo material, I have not seen that specific one but they have promo materials with a bunch of random character mixes.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:00 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:

It still wasn't fully concrete. They could've easily just had Hikari and Manaka say it outloud.

Yeah, it's not enough for Hikari loving Manaka and Manaka loving Hikari since Miuna loving Hikari easily stops both of their feelings because it's Miuna. Really?

Honestly, I don't think the ending's vague at all; If Hikari spent five years with Miuna like Chisaki did with Tsugumi then yes, there would be a possibility, just a slim chance, for his feelings to turn vague but there was no break for Hikari's focus on Manaka, either wondering what she wanted to tell him or worried where she was or about her condition.

What, you really want a "Well, she's ok. I'm totally done with her now... because reasons... and hey Miuna, what you doing?" ending? That is 100% not in Hikari's character. He's a stubborn, loyal idiot and it's why they all loved him. Even if they tried that with a distant finale, I would only buy it if Manaka died in the last episode.

I don't have to hear "I love you" from them in the end because I just saw 26 episodes showing the love they have for each other.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2