• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Kiznaiver Fight

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
I can understand how jacob and the others would feel that Honoka ending up spoiler[expressing feelings for a ] guy is a slap in the face. but I appreciate that the character is spoiler[Bi] Considering that all the attention and characters that the spoiler[L & G communities get] I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for us to a spoiler[Bi anime character ] outside of George KOIZUMI who was almost 10 years ago at this point. and yet we have quite a few cast of them every year in anime for the other two (maybe not always good ones but still) so it is so bad to have one in a different camp?

If the show explicitly addressed her as bisexual yes, that would be fine, but this is yet another case of tragic lesbian cured by the magic of finding "the right guy". It's the staple of faux lesbian representation in Japanese media in which girl-girl relationships are presented as just a "phase" that the girls will grow out of eventually to transition into heterosexual relationships
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2