• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream New Kino's Journey Anime This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 pm Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

They are more interested in high profile shows. And at this point Kino's Journey is a niche show.

So Lights of the Clione a high-profile, non-niche show? Smile

In the case of Amazon they are not picking up only high profile shows of course. But I doubt that the new Kino's Journey was a high priority for Netflix and Amazon.
RyuDiceFreak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:42 pm Reply with quote
So happy CR got this! I love the original anime for this and so looking forward to seeing this (so glad Amazon didn't get it, I would have been so sad).
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:46 am Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:
When it gets Dubbed, I wonder who will replace Kelli Cousins as Kino.

Yeah.

Really hope it does get dubbed at least when it's time for the home release. I'm so looking forward to more Kino after all this time.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:58 am Reply with quote
RyuDiceFreak wrote:
I love the original anime for this and so looking forward to seeing this (so glad Amazon didn't get it, I would have been so sad).

A pity that the original doesn't appear to be streaming anymore! I dare say that a few people, me included, could benefit from refreshing their memories.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:33 am Reply with quote
loved the old anime, and the oav's that came out. If someone gets hold of the LN's and releases them id be up for that.
Karasu-Lacryma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Nakamura's take on the series will be a tough act to follow. Looking at this new director's past work worries me. While the original anime deviated from the source material and it worked, I'm almost hoping Taguchi sticks to it; it'll still prove great if so, even if maybe not a masterpiece like the first series. Either way, I get a feeling we'll see far more of the travelers.

Zin5ki wrote:
RyuDiceFreak wrote:
I love the original anime for this and so looking forward to seeing this (so glad Amazon didn't get it, I would have been so sad).

A pity that the original doesn't appear to be streaming anymore! I dare say that a few people, me included, could benefit from refreshing their memories.

Drat, you're right. Just checked Prime and Hulu and neither have it anymore. Maybe Netflix DVD will still have the disks. Sad

Maybe if this becomes a big enough hit this time around we'll get a Gakuen Kino adaptation too... [/spoiler]
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Karasu-Lacryma wrote:

Drat, you're right. Just checked Prime and Hulu and neither have it anymore.

No joy either at a couple of the lesser know legal streaming sites ( https://tubitv.com/category/anime and http://www.viewster.com/genre/58/anime/ ) that have some "forgotten" anime scattered among the titles available elsewhere
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:08 am Reply with quote
Hulu has to have a high-premium for ad-free. Netflix has Anime Strike's added paywall. Netflix has their binge-watching model. While CR does have the issue of geoblocking, their catering to fans is part of what really makes them enjoyable. This is one thing astounds me about CR and their licensing when you look at the ugly truth: they went from a fanHajimete no Gal Anime's 2nd Promo Video Previews Junjō no Afilia's Songsub-hosting or streaming site to a legit company.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2