• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Anime Gets 3rd Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:34 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:
Take that, naysayers! Especially mr. Pierrot. Looking forward to some great stuff, bless Bones for being so great!

Huh are you talking about me? I never implied it won't get a third season. Just that it won't be having the same timeslot and will be airing at latenight instead like Haikyuu!!

From December 18 2016, from you on the article Yūki Tabata's Black Clover Manga Gets TV Anime by Studio Pierrot on ANN.

"Lol expect more? Toriko and Bleach were their hottest and most important property and yet they cancelled their adaptation. I'm pretty sure MHA will never get another season. The best you could expect is some OVA bundled with the manga volumes like they're doing for Shokugeki no Souma right now. "
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:04 am Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:
Take that, naysayers! Especially mr. Pierrot. Looking forward to some great stuff, bless Bones for being so great!

Huh are you talking about me? I never implied it won't get a third season. Just that it won't be having the same timeslot and will be airing at latenight instead like Haikyuu!!

From December 18 2016, from you on the article Yūki Tabata's Black Clover Manga Gets TV Anime by Studio Pierrot on ANN.

"Lol expect more? Toriko and Bleach were their hottest and most important property and yet they cancelled their adaptation. I'm pretty sure MHA will never get another season. The best you could expect is some OVA bundled with the manga volumes like they're doing for Shokugeki no Souma right now. "

Mate, I said that before BnHA was confirmed to air in a different channel which was the game changer.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=quote&p=4960302

Date: December 22 2016

Heck I even agreed with you in the TV ratings thread later on that it'll get a third season eventually. If the second season was still airing in MBS and TBS then I would have stood by my words. I didn't realize you were that upset by what I said an year ago.

Anyway, I'll be geniunely surprised if the third season retains its timeslot after Time Bokan 24's second season,
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:18 am Reply with quote
^ I was pointing out you did imply it in the past, which is unlike how you were saying you never did.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:19 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:

Anyway, I'll be geniunely surprised if the third season retains its timeslot after Time Bokan 24's second season,

And what makes you so sure it won't? We have very few information and from what we saw recently it did good rating wise. So unless it did absolutely terrible I really don't get why they would change channel. Mainly when they announce a 3rd season.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:29 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:

And what makes you so sure it won't? We have very few information and from what we saw recently it did good rating wise. So unless it did absolutely terrible I really don't get why they would change channel. Mainly when they announce a 3rd season.

In general he seems to have something against MHA, first it was how it would never get more seasons and now it's this.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:

Because the ratings weren't good compared its predecessors and I think after Time Bokan's sequel we'll get a third season of The File of Young Kindaichi Returns first because the author came back from a hiatus last year to start a new arc and it should have more than enough material for another 2 cour.

Thorfinn wrote:
^ I was pointing out you did imply it in the past, which is unlike how you were saying you never did.

Opinions change over time. Shocking right?

Thorfinn wrote:
In general he seems to have something against MHA, first it was how it would never get more seasons and now it's this.

Feels like you have something against me or something instead. I actually do like the series which is why I still keep up with the manga. I've already stated it times again that I only dislike the pacing of the anime and the bland direction.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:55 am Reply with quote
I had a feeling they were going to announce a 3rd season. My Hero Academia is one of Shounen Jump's most popular manga and they have enough material for a another season.
I'm looking forward to it.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:56 am Reply with quote
Pierrot. wrote:

Because the ratings weren't good compared its predecessors and I think after Time Bokan's sequel we'll get a third season of The File of Young Kindaichi Returns first because the author came back from a hiatus last year to start a new arc and it should have more than enough material for another 2 cour.

I think you have a negative view on things. MHA's ratings were never bad, reaching good numbers during the sport festival and great numbers during the Stain arc and beyond. Also with all the collaborations it got(the halloween one going beyons the end of the anime), the increase in manga sales and the pretty big confirmation of the 3rd season(Big and flashy at the end.), i think what you are proposing is actually the less likely event.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:13 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Pierrot. wrote:

I think you have a negative view on things. MHA's ratings were never bad, reaching good numbers during the sport festival and great numbers during the Stain arc and beyond. Also with all the collaborations it got(the halloween one going beyons the end of the anime), the increase in manga sales and the pretty big confirmation of the 3rd season(Big and flashy at the end.), i think what you are proposing is actually the less likely event.

*shrugs* Well we'll see because I basing this off of how Haikyuu!! got shoved to late night for no reason even though it did so well at prime time.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:44 am Reply with quote
Since the 1st season had 13 TV episodes and the 2nd will have 25 episodes, another 13-episode season would be ideal to not offset Studio Bones' hectic schedule and to not get too close to the manga.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
The best anime of 2016 and 2017 comes back to be best anime of 2018! Sorry other anime you never had a chance.

I don't get this post. A chance at what? You do realise that people not only can watch multiple series at once but also equally enjoy them? MHA is great and all but you're acting that every anime is suddenly standing still because MHA is here.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:

I don't get this post. A chance at what? You do realise that people not only can watch multiple series at once but also equally enjoy them? MHA is great and all but you're acting that every anime is suddenly standing still because MHA is here.

MHA is just that good friend. I'm ready to be surprised though. If that happens, we pretty much have GOAT anime on our hand.
Zeino

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Since the 1st season had 13 TV episodes and the 2nd will have 25 episodes, another 13-episode season would be ideal to not offset Studio Bones' hectic schedule and to not get too close to the manga.

Would 13 episodes be enough to do both the School Trip arc and the Hideout Raid arc? Because the end of that second arc would be the ideal stopping point for season 3.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
Kadmos1 wrote:

Would 13 episodes be enough to do both the School Trip arc and the Hideout Raid arc? Because the end of that second arc would be the ideal stopping point for season 3.

If they don't pull Dragon Ball pacing on it, I do believe they could do it in 13 episodes without any issues. One of the best things about MHA is that fights don't drag on too long and that the longest ones are usually extremely climactic or important.

So while there were multiple chapters covering the School Trip arc, I really doubt they'll need more than - at most - six episodes to cover it, with the remaining seven-ish to cover the Hideout Raid arc.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Escaflowne2001 wrote:

Quote:
You also have to consider how busy the animation studio is. As of now, Bones are one of the most sought after studios by various companies in Japan, especially when it comes to adapting a source material that has a lot of action. 25 episodes would't be bad, but I won't be upset if we get 13 episodes either.

Are they? That would be surprising. I like Academia and Kekkai Sensen but it's been along time since Bones have been in their prime and a lot of their shows perform average to poor.

Bones is in their prime right now. They have a major shonen franchise now, in addition to producing some of the biggest shows of the decade(BBB, Mob Psycho, Show by Rock, Space Dandy, etc) and most of their work is exceptionally well produced(I think you are giving too little credit to this. Even if a show isn't a huge hit, if producers see the studio that made it puts out really well-made finished projects consistently, they are likely to become more sought after), even while the rest of the industry struggles to create even passable looking work. They also have the most famous animator of all time working "exclusively" for them, in Yutaka Nakamura. Masahiko Minami is one of, if not the best, Studio President in the industry, as far as I'm concerned. And outside of SHAFT and KyoAni, they have one of the best success ratios out there right now. Not sure why you think most of their shows perform average to poor, that's not true at all.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4