• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia Anime's 3rd Season Premieres April 7

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:39 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
#878863 wrote:
Blame Hulu for it not airing on Toonami ( or if you like me you are grateful for them because I don't want that show on it for a lot of reasons)

What do you mean? Black Clover simulcasts on Hulu and is on Toonami.

Well then I don't know why it hasn't got on there maybe it has something to do with stuff in Japan and that the company didn't want it on there for some reason
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:04 pm Reply with quote
#878863 wrote:
LegitPancake wrote:
#878863 wrote:
Blame Hulu for it not airing on Toonami ( or if you like me you are grateful for them because I don't want that show on it for a lot of reasons)

What do you mean? Black Clover simulcasts on Hulu and is on Toonami.

Well then I don't know why it hasn't got on there maybe it has something to do with stuff in Japan and that the company didn't want it on there for some reason

Netflix. DeMarco said something about Netflix acquiring the show made it much harder to get it for toonami
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:08 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Netflix. DeMarco said something about Netflix acquiring the show made it much harder to get it for toonami

If we’re still talking about the US, Hero Academia is not on Netflix, and never has been.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:11 pm Reply with quote
#878863 wrote:
So you're saying his opinion matters less just because he likes Fairy Tail that's kind of messed up no offence and it kind of feeds into the idea that anyone who dislikes yourself is automatically bad or anyone who likes a certain so that you don't like is bad and it's a very negative thing to do when talking about Series in general

I didn’t say that. I was simply observing how his criticisms here could also apply to a series that he likes just as well. I took a look at your post history and I already noticed that you tend to jump the gun a bit, so just know that I didn’t say nor did I mean anything you typed here. Liking a certain series others dislike doesn’t make anybody bad or their opinion worthless. Not everyone likes MHA and that’s perfectly fine. What I find weird though is that some people who knowingly dislike some series willingly go on news pieces/forums about them and complain about their existence (Like you did here). That just sounds like a waste of effort to me.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:15 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
getchman wrote:

If we’re still talking about the US, Hero Academia is not on Netflix, and never has been.

oh, oops. Haven't had a netflix account for a couple years, and I just assumed it was
Sobe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully another 24ish episodes. Smile
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:30 pm Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Man I hope this is 24-25 episodes! Also I still have no idea why this never aired on Toonami.
Edit: On a final note, could we get a moderator in here? It feels kinda toxic...

While i can't find the link. They simply can't because of other deals that have been made. So maybe Hulu has some kind extra deal.

Also yea I hope for 25 episodes as well. I really want certain moments adapted and it would have the perfect ending spot.
Fabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Is this going to be simulcasted on crunchyroll? I just got done watching season 2 and I'm looking forward to seeing more.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:23 pm Reply with quote
@Fabe It most certainly will simulcast on CrunchyRoll, though they haven’t made a formal announcement yet. The only reason why it wouldn’t is if the CR/Funi partnership somehow fell apart in the couple months prior.
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:44 pm Reply with quote
This show isn’t on Toonami because:

A: Hulu has exclusive rights to thto show as of now. (Excluding Funi/Crunchyroll)
B: I’ve heard rumors that the My Hero Academia license is not cheap to get and is very expensive.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Man this season is gonna be awesome.

Its gonna be adapting the manga's best fights & emotional moments.

Damn am I hyped. Very Happy
Encore22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:25 pm Reply with quote
#878863 wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
I am so ready. They are adaptating two of the strongest shonen arcs of all time. Now...1 cour or 2 cour?

Strongest arcs of all time you are kidding right that's going way overboard even for someone who's a die-hard fan of this series

Yeah, strongest arcs, cmon dude. This new season is going to have some seriously Hype moments, But up there with Chimera ant arc in HxH, Cohilition war arc in Kingdom (pretty much shounen), Or marineford in OP? Naaah
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
This show isn’t on Toonami because:

A: Hulu has exclusive rights to thto show as of now. (Excluding Funi/Crunchyroll)
B: I’ve heard rumors that the My Hero Academia license is not cheap to get and is very expensive.

But it's also on Crunchyroll. Not only that, but Season 2's dub isn't on there yet, where as Hulu got "Sailor Moon Crystal" and "Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga's" dubs almost instantly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2