• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hasbro Acquires Entire Power Rangers Property From Saban

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:51 am Reply with quote
Hasbro might as well have a monopoly in the kids toys market at this point and a film reboot by Paramount or good old Platinum Dunes is a given at this point. I still can´t believe Dora the Explorer is getting the Michael Bay treatment btw. It will at least somewhat make sense with the Power Rangers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:56 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
considering how mediocre the show has been for the past 8 years I'm pretty happy about this

Kinda of a bummer how the "neo-Saban" era ended up that way (Megaforce/Super Megaforce being such a low point). And only series that came out that's decent was Dino Charge.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:32 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Hasbro might as well have a monopoly in the kids toys market at this point and a film reboot by Paramount or good old Platinum Dunes is a given at this point. I still can´t believe Dora the Explorer is getting the Michael Bay treatment btw. It will at least somewhat make sense with the Power Rangers.

I think Hasbro's done with Bay after The Last Knight under performed.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
residentgrigo wrote:

I think Hasbro's done with Bay after The Last Knight under performed.

It under performed by Transformers standards, but it still made $605M on a $217M budget. Hasbro's expectations weren't very high anyway and they scaled back toy production accordingly. For the Bumblebee Movie (TF6), which Bay didn't direct, it isn't even getting its own collectors line, instead they're being peppered into their the Studio Series line (kids are getting some gimmicky stuff). Hasbro seems to be very aware of how the movies are going to perform.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 10:13 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:

Key word...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2