• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Summer 2020 Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:19 pm Reply with quote
On one hand, I'm glad that Kim is reviewing Re:Zero, I'm sure she'll have fun with it.

On the other hand, no Precure. I know the first 12 episodes are not available legally yet, but I guess it was just not voted in. I wonder by how much and whether it'll be reviewed at a later date.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:39 pm Reply with quote
So glad to see Japan Sinks on the schedule for episodic reviews! If you guys want to go back and do episodic reviews for other Netflix anime, I'm sure there'd be interest for it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Wow, looks like Grant Jones is the only one whose reviews I won't be reading. Not anything against him - I'm just watching at least one series from everyone else.

Looking forward to Japan Sinks reviews!
Key

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
So glad to see Japan Sinks on the schedule for episodic reviews! If you guys want to go back and do episodic reviews for other Netflix anime, I'm sure there'd be interest for it.

Um, we are already doing that. (Fate/Zero, for instance.)

Don't think that would really work with some other recent titles, like BNA or Beastars. Japan Sinks is a special case since it's world-wide debuting with its Netflix release and it's hitting at the beginning of an unusually light season. With shows that have already aired in Japan and hit during busier times and/or during the middle of a season, I feel a summative review is better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:32 am Reply with quote
tfwnoymir wrote:
whether it [PreCure]'ll be reviewed at a later date.

I'm planning on it!
tfwnoymir

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Princess_Irene wrote:
tfwnoymir wrote:
whether it [PreCure]'ll be reviewed at a later date.

I'm planning on it!

That's good to hear Very Happy
andramus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I think this is only the second one of these surveys I've participated in so I was curious about a couple of things.

I was wondering how reviewers are assigned to the various animes. Is there a bidding war for the more popular desirable ones? Are short straws drawn for the less desirable ones?

Also I was wondering if there was any reason why the survey results aren't published. I was curious to see how the series were ranked. Which ones were participants most eager to see reviewed and how does that line up with my preferences?
Karasu-Lacryma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:52 pm Reply with quote
One day, Kaiba 2008 will win out on a classic streaming review poll, one day...

No real surprises with the reviews this season, though I was expecting more people would want some hate-watching reviews of Peter Grill.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:46 pm Reply with quote
andramus wrote:
I think this is only the second one of these surveys I've participated in so I was curious about a couple of things.

I was wondering how reviewers are assigned to the various animes. Is there a bidding war for the more popular desirable ones? Are short straws drawn for the less desirable ones?

Typically the way it goes is each reviewer lets editorial know how many shows we feel comfortable covering for a season, and then send in the top 4 (in this season, Top 3 since it's so light) shows we'd be interested in covering. Editorial uses that to determine which shows go to who, trying to assign at least one show from their list if at all possible. Sometimes things get moved around because only certain writers are able to cover a particular sequel or spin-off show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2