• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Most-Watched and Best-Rated Fall 2022 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aereus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:32 am Reply with quote
RenRen94 wrote:
It's really neat seeing Idolish7 in the top 3 for top rated anime, edging out hyped-up shows like Bleach and Chainsaw Man. Truly an underappreciated gem.

The results are mildly interesting, but I would take them with a grain of salt. Not enough people voted overall, leading to really odd cases like Akiba Maid War being 6th most watched, yet also one of the most abandoned. Also Idolish7 S3 was one of the least watched by ANN readers, if you notice. So that makes me wonder if the fans that have stuck with the franchise to S3 overcompensated in their ratings. (I haven't watched it, so I make no judgments on the series quality, just an idle thought)
aereus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:36 am Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
But I would recommend any that I’ve seen, they’re fantastic!

I will also second the recommendations for Heartcatch and the original. Heartcatch is kinda considered the "Babies First Pretty Cure" but it still has great characters and a lot of fun. And the original has a good dynamic between the pair and shows you where the fusion of magical girl + sentai action started.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2