• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Second Haruhi Season to be Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatzCradle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:27 am Reply with quote
Yeeesss! Smile
About time it was announced!
NightHedgehog

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:27 am Reply with quote
Gintama acknowledges the idea of seasons.
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote
Yeah, CLANNAD was pushed back to 2008. Check it out:
Oh wait, I forgot, that's also just a fansub site.

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote
NightHedgehog wrote:
Gintama acknowledges the idea of seasons.

Yes, Japan uses the word "Seasons" but not for their TV-related stuff. They use it for weather seasons (rainy season, for example) and for the seasons of the year (winter season, spring season, etc, etc).

The closest word they have to season in the TV sense we Americans use it is the word 期 (ki) which means period/time/date/term. That's the kanji usually used to denote the second season of something. Like for example:
涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 二期 would be romanized as "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Ni Ki" ("二/ni" being two) which roughly translates to something like "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Second Term. (not to be confused with a school term which is "學期/gakki")

-Karasuhebi

Last edited by Karasuhebi on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:37 am Reply with quote
Karasuhebi wrote:
Yeah, CLANNAD was pushed back to 2008. Check it out:
Oh dormcat, you silly, this isn't the biggest fansub site! animesuki.com is!

Yeah right, quoting the biggest fansub hub as a "proof." Rolling Eyes

It will still be part of TBS Anime Festa 2007. Clannad is the only one with an unconfirmed premiere date; all others are either being broadcasted right now or set for release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
Well I tried getting the 2008 announcement from the Japanese BS-i site but I couldn't find anything so I decided to go with [This URL is a known Fansub Distribution website], since they usually require some kind of Japanese source to change the air dates on their anime page, so I figured if they changed it to 2008, that must mean they sourced it from somewhere valid.

But anyways...so the hate between mods over at [This URL is a known Fansub Distribution website] is reciprocated over here with the editors of ANN? Razz

[This URL is a known Fansub Distribution website] mods: "ANN is an English site! Don't cite it as a source!"
lol

-Karasuhebi

Last edited by Karasuhebi on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Hahaha, July 7th! Isn't there a special occasion on that specific date? Wink

The scan that announced it was a big reference to Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody (followed by a picture of Konata's reaction to the news)
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:45 am Reply with quote
What new crazy characters should we expect for this second season to Haruhi? Smile They will probably bring out more material from the novels, or will we be seeing this new series being titled from one of the other novels like MOSH was?
CloverKuroba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:53 am Reply with quote
This is great news! Episode 6 made me wishing for a 2nd season of Haruhi, so I guess wishful thinking helped. I'm so excited for this.
z7q2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:54 am Reply with quote
Great news!

Just out of curiosity, are the Haruhi DVDs in Kyon order or Haruhi order? I find Kyon order to be much more satisfying and easier to follow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quote
Karasuhebi wrote:
But anyways...so the hate between mods over at AniDB is reciprocated over here with the editors of ANN? Razz

Not at all. In fact, I've always believed that ANN and AniDB are sort of like light and shadow / Yang and Ying. Sometimes they've got some excellent poster pictures or information about some really obscure titles that I couldn't find at anywhere else. After all, they've got over a dozen active "encyclopedists," and those who can lay hands on illegal materials for free -- be it guns, drugs, or pirated anime -- are inherently smarter than those who can only wait the legal license and pay full price.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked [EDIT: Go easy on the emoticons, or else they'll start creating 12-step programs. ~Zalis]
You mean to tell me it isn't over yet? There's more madness to be done? Oh I can't wait!
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:05 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if it will be mostly material from The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya, which will explain "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina 00", or they'll go to a more active novel, like The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. They've already covered most of The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya (except "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody") in the first season, so for extra stories they can easily dip into The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiyaand/or The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya.

I feel that once the books get into the heavy time travel material, they get more convoluted and uninteresting (time travel being the worst of science fiction devices by far, since its impossible to undo something that is already done via the fact that its already been done, and since it hasn't already NOT happened, it's impossible to change it). However, the second book isn't nearly as good as the third book, even with its time travel and alternate universe slant.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Moonphase says it's going to be 2 kur long, so it'll likely cover everything else up to the end of volume 7 at least, possibly volume 8 since that ends the first school year.
namelissis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Yeepee... Banzai.... Yehey... Hell Yeah...

more Haruhi overload...
Oh, can't wait for the new dance in the second season...
I hope there would be other dose of a Hare hare Yukai dance craze!!!

ganbatte Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu 2nd season...
I have high regards on the crew behind this super Comical anime...

Time to dance Hare Hare Yukai for celebration!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7