• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Negima OVAs to Ship with Manga Volumes 23-25

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Not watched it for a while, but from what I remember, apart from a bit of rejigging at the start to make the story work for those who hadn't read the manga, the first OVA was pretty faithful. Reading the article, these OVA are again based on particular chapters from the manga so I imagine this will be the case again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ShugoYotsuba

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote
NEW NEGIMA OVA NEW SCHOOL RUMBLE OVA

LIFE IS GOOD!!! 2x
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Not watched it for a while, but from what I remember, apart from a bit of rejigging at the start to make the story work for those who hadn't read the manga, the first OVA was pretty faithful. Reading the article, these OVA are again based on particular chapters from the manga so I imagine this will be the case again.

Yeah, the only thing that had been altered was the specific cause of Negi and Asuna's argument (as that required about two or three chapters of development to establish), and including the entire class instead of a select few.

Considering that the chapters the new OVAs will be based on are also a beach/hot springs/resort vacation mishmash and don't really require knowledge of the Mahora Festival arc, this should work out pretty well.
melfra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:39 am Reply with quote
Training chapters are absolutely worthless without Kotarou. And considering that there'd be a hell of a lot of explaining to do if Kotarou showed up out of nowhere, chances remain unlikely. This whole 31 girls thing is just too much without two guys balancing it out. Don't worry, (older) Negi and Kotarou have more than enough GAR to balance the scale in their favor.

Okay, they don't, but at least they have a chance.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quote
Personally they should do to the shaft version like what's being done with hellsing ultimate
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryokosha

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Now this is awesome news!
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:51 am Reply with quote
melfra wrote:
Training chapters are absolutely worthless without Kotarou. And considering that there'd be a hell of a lot of explaining to do if Kotarou showed up out of nowhere, chances remain unlikely. This whole 31 girls thing is just too much without two guys balancing it out. Don't worry, (older) Negi and Kotarou have more than enough GAR to balance the scale in their favor.

Okay, they don't, but at least they have a chance.

I've heard that Kotarou and Albireo will both show up in the new OVAs. The Aquastar forum has a stickied thread on this topic, and someone who can read Ken Akamatsu's blog says they're supposed to be in it.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:52 am Reply with quote
There was a flyer for the OVAs included with volume 22 of the manga. The OVA site is http://negima.kc.kodansha.co.jp/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2