• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
xxxHolic Kei.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Psyco13

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quote
For the artwork i have to say the characters do look really weird at some points but i guess that's its style because it doesn't get better lol as for the movie it was amazing artwork minus the characters.

I showed my bro and i asked him can you tell me if this a pic of a real mansion or a fake one he was like it looks real. Razz i really liked the movie i have watched it twice now. I have the english version and the voices aren't bad
Xagor

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Well the manga revealed what they were in vol 11, which I assume will eventually get covered in the anime

spoiler[They maintain the "place" that this "store" is in according to Yuko]
Psyco13

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
What I really want to know is what exactly is Watanuki there for? spoiler[ i mean is he the eventual replacement for Yuko? kinda seems like it to me, but i could be wrong and i just rewatched a couple episodes and Yuko said Himawari isn't your lucky lady what's that supposed mean Confused ]
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Psyco13 wrote:
What I really want to know is what exactly is Watanuki there for? spoiler[ i mean is he the eventual replacement for Yuko? ]

Have you watched the first season or read the manga? It explains everything about why Watanuki is working for Yuuko and why all of this is happening. spoiler[Basically, Watanuki wants to get rid of his ability to see spirits, so he goes to Yuuko, who grants wishes (for a price). The price she sets for him is that he has to work for her for a certain period of time, and the entire story revolves around the strange things that happen to him while he's with Yuuko-san.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Psyco13

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quote
oh i knew that spoiler[ but that wish didn't really happen i think she basically introduced him to doumeki who keeps the spirits away but he still chased by them. And i haven't read the mangas but i have seen the entire first season i just thought that maybe in the future the shop will be his Razz just a thought]
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I've never got the impression that spoiler[Watanuki would run the shop, mainly because he just doesn't know enough yet. Plus, I don't really see Yuuko leaving.] But I can't say it's not within the realm of possibility.
Psyco13

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quote
well maybe i'm just to into the series and i am probablly over thinking a lot of it Razz spoiler[ although there are many times when she always gives the impression that she is training her replacement i mean she does teach him a lot, but i guess you could say that she just teaches him to make him realize that everything is inevitable and no coincidences ]
Psyco13

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote
anyone know why the fansubs are taking longer? i was just curious because this show usually comes out the same time Kurenai does and gets subbed about the same time but for some reason this show fell behind just hope they didn't drop it who ever was subbing it Anime cry
dpgc4life

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:37 am Reply with quote
I watched all chinese sub, and they are up to date. try dling the chinese sub if you cant wait.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:51 am Reply with quote
Psyco13 wrote:
anyone know why the fansubs are taking longer? i was just curious because this show usually comes out the same time Kurenai does and gets subbed about the same time but for some reason this show fell behind just hope they didn't drop it who ever was subbing it Anime cry

Somebody mentioned there are some difficult sequences to probably translate properly. Apparently there's a huge mahjong sequence, with lots of mahjong jokes made with the various different plays? So 1) the translators would have to be up on their mahjong skills and 2) figure out the best way to explain the jokes to a non-mahjong playing audience.
Kelly

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Apparently there's a huge mahjong sequence, with lots of mahjong jokes made with the various different plays? So 1) the translators would have to be up on their mahjong skills and 2) figure out the best way to explain the jokes to a non-mahjong playing audience.

Assuming the anime is following the manga, I'm sure that knowledge of mahjong enhances that scene, but it's not strictly necessary. The scene gets across the important point, which is that Watanuki is getting the tar beaten out of him by Yuko, Domeki and - indignity of indignities - even the black Mokona, if I remember correctly without it in front of me. Very Happy
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Oh so it's a possible translation issue? I was worried a C&D was already issued or something >_>
Psyco13

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quote
well i'm glad i got some responses Razz i thought they stopped subbing them Anime cry so i was just watching the non subbed ones. I got the main points of both episode 6 and 7 but i went to shinsen subs website and they don't tell anyone about whats taking so long so my arms are in the air now i'm just hoping they get the episodes out Razz i really enjoy this series
Psyco13

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Well the 6th one finally came out and i have to say it was a pretty good episode i mean i already knew what they were trying to do but they did tell us why it took so long to sub just cause mahjong is a difficult game if you have no clue about it Razz i have it on my comp but you just match the patterns up it's totally different
Klein Noteworthy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 5:07 am Reply with quote
I have already watched the raw of Episode 7 and 8, but it seems that most people are waiting for the sub, so I'll talk about episode 6 instead.

First off, kudos to the staff. They took 15 pages from the manga and used it to create 24 minutes worth of entertainment. Of course, there are some addtional scene that were added to the episode.

All in all, this was the most enjoyable episode of the show up till now, with Watanuki's reaction being as funny as hell.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4