• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino-

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:28 pm Reply with quote
looks like its official now, im not going to pre-order it or anything, might get it after its been out for awhile. but for now the manga will do, also for (Sticks) GSG season 1, also fallowed the manga word for word up untill the last 2 episodes. those two episodes were for the anime only
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
GwennBlackfeather wrote:
This looks interesting. Loved the first season, and was the Pinocchio arc really that good?

It was great in the manga, but the anime suffers from being poor at... just about everything. The characters and storyline are still good, but the delivery is lousy.
its just as great as ever, other than the animation...
kokuryu

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Bah... 2009? I will probably forget that Funi licensed it by then and buy the R2 DVDs by mistake. They need to release this stuff faster when they announce it. 2 or 3 months from announcement to store is better. A whole year - that is way far too long.
FanFicGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Quote:
I'm getting a little tired of hearing "Funi licensed this" and "Funi licensed that", and we still don't even have a dub cast list or even a release date for Ouran.

I know! We want Ouran news now!

That's because they're ninjas, and one day it'll just be out in stores...lol.

You'll be walking down the anime aisle, minding your own business, and then you'll see it on the shelf. The entire series of Ouran High School Host Club, with booklets and inserts and stuff.

Yes....just like that...

>_>
<_<
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quote
i one thing i hate about funi take way to long form announced to the first dvd release. they can release all 13ep of it at once if they keep doing this like claymore when ever that coming out
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quote
Wow! Did anyone else know this? I didn't know! I didn't even know who that "shadowy figure" was.

Hahahaha!!! Razz Okay, let me stop. Excellent news. Definitely looking forward to it. Smile
Sticks

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:44 pm Reply with quote
cool3865 wrote:
also for (Sticks) GSG season 1, also fallowed the manga word for word up untill the last 2 episodes. those two episodes were for the anime only

If you have a chance to see some of the second season and compare the way the stories are shown and told to the first season, then you'll understand what I meant. Of course they do follow the manga storyline, they have to, but with more images, wording, timeline and spacing between scenes, it stands out on it's own without the manga.

Besides, if it followed the manga compleatly, we would have seen how Henrietta REALLY looked when she was first seen at the hospital. In the season 1, episode 1, she was covered up, whereas the manga, volume 1, you could see she was tortured in the worst way Crying or Very sad .

And how about when Giuseppe takes Henrietta to the restaurant to work on her social skills where she reacts to the waiter. That's not in the manga.

And the last episode WAS following volume 2, chapter 8 in many ways except Henrietta and Giuseppe were more involved in the episode. And at the very end, it was suggested that Angelica had died with Marco by her side, but in the manga she was still sick in bed.

That being said, we all have a different opinion about the show. what's important is if we can agree on weather it's worth checking out. Me personally, I can hardly wait Wink .
short_lex

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:39 am Reply with quote
Just wondering from people from the industry, will they be using the same cast from the last season.
I would be very disappointed if they didn't have the same sweet voice that voiced henrietta.

Girls and Guns, all the way!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2