• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Naruto Movie 3 DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quote
At least the spoiler[sabertooth tiger] was interesting :3

As well as Naruto spoiler[bonking Hikaru on the head and berating him; little brat deserved it so he could grow up despite how tiring that archetype evolution is].

What I'm seriously disliking about this movie is how there are seriously too many modern conveniences in Naruto's world, especially in the Crescent Moon Kingdom.

Last edited by belvadeer on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iritscen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
I just watched my recording of this from last week on CN, and honestly, I really enjoyed it. It seemed better to me than the previous two movies, actually. I prefer a story that spends plenty of time with the characters, rather than throwing a bunch of fighting in my face, and they managed to get me to care about the movie's new characters more than any of the characters in the TV filler, at any rate. The mature hand of the director was probably what really won me over. Oh well, just wanted to throw my two cents in there, since the hate for this one seems pretty unanimous and I couldn't disagree more.
braves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote
I agree with Iritscen. For me, this movie was much better than its reputation makes it out to be. I found it to be better than the 2nd one and just as good as the first one. The only thing that threw me off was the art style seemed to be heavily sacrificed in favor of better animation, more so than the other movies.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2