• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Evangelion Remake Film to Open in 2013

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shenl742

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Splitter wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
"You Can (Not) Redo", huh? I still don't think there's enough evidence to support the "Rebuild is a sequel" theory.

spoiler[Kaworu's words at the end of 2.0 should have made it clear Rebuild is a sequel.][/spoiler]

The fact that it's in question and isn't explicitly stated by the filmmakers (who in fact bill these films as remakes often enough) means the news article shouldn't be changed.

I'm putting my money on the idea that in the Rebuild continuity spoiler[Shinji and Kaworu were childhood friends and knew eachother previously because of that]. Wouldn't THAT throw a lot of people off? Laughing
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to the last two films, as well. It will be interesting to see how much they differ from the original series.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I am still supporting the theory that Shinji Ikari is the reincarnation of James Strang.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:
I hope Khara is doing the last two movies back to back, because after how long we had to wait for the third movie to finally get an aproximate release date, I don't see how else they could release the fourth one only one year later.

The original plan was to show movie 3 and 4 back-to-back.
I'd assume that due to the problems that held movie 3's release back so long, that they have probably been working on both movies at the same time, but have had to put more resources into getting movie 3 out.
So if movie 3 is released, say, summer 2012, then it's easily possible for them to release movie 4 a year later.

If I recall there was news that Eva 3 was going to be released in Fall 2012. If they hold to that I could see them still releasing Eva 4 in the summer of 2013 or worse like maybe fall 2013.

Oh, here we go:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-26/3rd-evangelion-remake-film-to-open-fall-2012

and the 2012 movie line up shows the same:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-12-30/2012-anime-film-lineup-posted

So its going to be a long wait no matter what.
Jikorijo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! I'm so happy that we'll be getting two movies, instead of one. I'd heard rumors that Khara were just going to do one more film and I'm happy to see those rumors were false.

I do find the title of the 3rd movie funny considering how Gainax has decided to, essentially, redo Eva with the Rebuild series.
shadow13

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Shenl742 wrote:

I'm putting my money on the idea that in the Rebuild continuity spoiler[Shinji and Kaworu were childhood friends and knew eachother previously because of that]. Wouldn't THAT throw a lot of people off? Laughing

Thats my opinion too, the whole sequel theory seems kind of far off.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:
I hope Khara is doing the last two movies back to back, because after how long we had to wait for the third movie to finally get an aproximate release date, I don't see how else they could release the fourth one only one year later.

The original plan was to show movie 3 and 4 back-to-back.
I'd assume that due to the problems that held movie 3's release back so long, that they have probably been working on both movies at the same time, but have had to put more resources into getting movie 3 out.
So if movie 3 is released, say, summer 2012, then it's easily possible for them to release movie 4 a year later.

That's reassuring, at least. I was really starting to worry.

I'm very curious about what 3.33's title may refer to, but judging by the scale and intensity of 2.22, I'm incredibly excited and have only the smallest fear for its execution. Re-watching the making of material just helped to reinforce my beliefs that so much love and dedication has gone into these remake/re-imaginings.

And I shall not lie, the fangirl in me is happily awaiting Kaworu's expanded screentime and overall role, as well as Mari's.

Above all, the emotional tweaks the cast have undergone have been some of the best highlights of Rebuild for me.
greensoulreaper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
These final films are going to be great. If not, then that will be a huge, huge letdown.

But wow, 2013 huh? And 2012 is about to begin...

Happy New Years everyone. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:55 am Reply with quote
Quote:
spoiler[Kaworu's words at the end of 2.0 should have made it clear Rebuild is a sequel.]

What words are you refering to? because I didn't pick that up at all.

I don't understand how anyone could say that these films are anything other than remakes of the original anime. The fact that the first film starts at the beginning of the story, and there is considerable reworking and introduction of new characters in the second film should make that clear. Now that theory may hold some water if they decided to rip off some of the story elements from the end of CLAMP's Tsubasa.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:17 am Reply with quote
050795 wrote:
Quote:
spoiler[Kaworu's words at the end of 2.0 should have made it clear Rebuild is a sequel.]

What words are you refering to? because I didn't pick that up at all.

I don't understand how anyone could say that these films are anything other than remakes of the original anime. The fact that the first film starts at the beginning of the story, and there is considerable reworking and introduction of new characters in the second film should make that clear. Now that theory may hold some water if they decided to rip off some of the story elements from the end of CLAMP's Tsubasa.

I believe the main things that make people think the movies are sequels rather than remakes are:

spoiler[The fact that Kaworu says "this time I'll make you happy" at the end of 2.0, as well as a statement earlier in the movie where he seems to recognize Shinji], the oceans being red like at the end of End of Eva and the blood stain on the moon. I think the theory is that the world re-started somehow after End of Eva, but none of the characters are aware of it.

Personally I'm hoping this theory is correct since it would be a pretty awesome way to pull the rug out from under the fans.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:39 am Reply with quote
Sweet. Very Happy I can't wait.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:47 am Reply with quote
Isn't everything getting 2-part final movies? Laughing
barrelroller

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:54 pm Reply with quote
I've been confused over this whole matter... so first I heard Movies 3 & 4 were one movie but now we have 2 separate movies again? Did I miss something or am I reading some of these articles wrong?
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Premature Evangelaltion.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:51 pm Reply with quote
barrelroller wrote:
I've been confused over this whole matter... so first I heard Movies 3 & 4 were one movie but now we have 2 separate movies again? Did I miss something or am I reading some of these articles wrong?

When 3 was finally given a date, a twitter post had said that 3 and 4 would be released together in Fall 2012. The post was in Japanese, so perhaps what you saw had a mis-translation or an awkward translation? I had thought, with the date announcement, maybe the "released together" had been mis-translated and it was meant that they were being made together, but my friend said that no, it did say released/come out/whatever.

But, no, they were always intended as 2 separate movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3