• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wow... I think I actually like Rumbling Hearts.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:15 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Ah, PJ, truly you have a stony, dark heart...

Very Happy
I wish this were the case, but sadly, it's not. This show kept me thinking a bit more (even after I posted) and I've come to the realization that spoiler[had Takayuki and Mitsuki been truthful with each other from the beginning, no one would have had to endure the hell they went through].

There's one thing that's been bugging the hell out of me, and maybe someone can enlighten me. spoiler[When Haruka slapped the crap out of Mitsuki and told her to get out, why in the hell did she never, ever do the same to Takayuki? I still sit dumbfounded at this one.]

Blood, I almost did lose it when spoiler[Mitsuki cut her hair]. Oh, the humanity!
Razz

Quote:
...I bet you were hoping that Tiny Tim was gonna buy the farm, dintcha?

*ahem* He did buy the farm, at least, according to the future forecast if things didn't change. I was content with that, in terms of a realistic outcome.
Wink
mrcuteguy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:16 am Reply with quote
One of my all time favorite , just rewatch it again last night. Very true to real life as it portraits a more grown up people in it (from high school kids to working adults). Was hoping for a season 2 or something out of it.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:25 am Reply with quote
mrcuteguy wrote:
One of my all time favorite , just rewatch it again last night. Very true to real life as it portraits a more grown up people in it (from high school kids to working adults). Was hoping for a season 2 or something out of it.

Well, there is a "season 2". It's not a continuation of the anime, but the ending where the male (forgot his name) ends up with Haruka.

On Topic:

I enjoyed this series. It was realistic, and went really well. I loved the realism it had, and it became one of my favorite series.
JaggedHammer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
I knew from the very beginning of the show what it would be like. And I was absolutely right. Standard personality deficient but nice guy male lead and tsundere girl like each other but won't admit it. Moe girl likes Mr. Bland and does the whole confession thing. The two start dating even though he doesn't actually like her that much. Angst ensues. The series would have been better off if it had been cut to four episodes because the angst in the middle is pretty pointless. It's not a bad series, but I don't think it's nearly as good as some people say it is.

Idk, if you've actually seen the whole thing, but it's way not a typical romance story. Sure, you have your stereotypes, as all anime does, but then they go so much deeper and really tug at the heart strings.
JaggedHammer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
spoiler[had Takayuki and Mitsuki been truthful with each other from the beginning, no one would have had to endure such hell.
]

I think the problem was he wasn't sure what he felt, He was saying that he didn't have feelings for Haruka, yet he visited her everyday, "out of obligation". I think if Haruka hadn't been all amnesiac then it would have been easier to explain to her, but she didn't become stable until the end, plus he definitely still had feelings for her, but that was a boys love, where his love for Mitsuki was that of a mans.

spoiler[Also, you never know what you have until you loose it, so once he lost her, he could plainly see that she was more important to him than he realized.]

Damn I feel late to the party :/ Woot 2011
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12