• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Masamune Shirow's: Ghost Hound.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:58 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Cross-dressing] is just too easy to do in anime, but I'm looking forward to seeing spoiler[how convincing of a girl Taro makes] regardless. I can't wait to see how this show concludes itself in the final episode.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:46 am Reply with quote
It's funny, what with all that's happened in the last couple episodes, the thing that's got us all most excited is spoiler[the prospect of seeing Taro dressed up as a girl.]

Last edited by Dorcas_Aurelia on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
It's funny, what with all that's happened in the last couple episodes, the thing that's got us all most excited is spoiler[the prospect of seeing Taro dressed up as a girl.]

Well, you have to admit, did any of us see it coming? Anime hyper

On another note, I wonder why spoiler[Makoto can't project himself anymore. Is it because he's accepted the reason for his father's death and "grown up", as it were?]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Ah crap, I just realized I forgot to spoiler tag my last post, didn't I? Mad Mad Mad *bangs head against wall* I think I might have gotten too caught up in my laziness and didn't realize that despite the fact that I didn't have much to say that meant I didn't have to tag anything..... sorry guys. Embarassed

Anyways, I think I'm most interested in the prospect of how spoiler[the whole thing with the biooids and the whole Ogami thing are connected. From what I've gotten so far, it seems to me like rather than being connected plot wise, they're connected through means of the series' main theme. Freaking genius. Cool]
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:

You might want to fix those tags ....

Anyway, you're totally right about that. Pretty much everything has been wrapped up, so there isn't much more to look forward too. Especially since I never saw the possibility of spoiler[Taro cross-dressing] coming.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CTB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I am late to the party, so to speak of, as I was just a reader on this forum. I can't believe there is only 1 episode left for this series! How can they possibly resolve all the interesting open plots with just 1 episode! Maybe there will be another season of this? Anyways, on with my questions:

spoiler[Who or what is that entity (seems like) inside Taro's brain, Taro used to think "it" was his sister?][ Did I missed the answer from previous episodes Embarassed ?

spoiler[How did Masayuki's soul got away from the swarming by those bioid ghost things?]

Anyone thinks Shirow is using the theory "The soul does not reside in the brain"? spoiler[As to show the bioid does not have a head but yet they do have a soul of some type?]
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quote
CTB wrote:
Anyways, on with my questions:

spoiler[Who or what is that entity (seems like) inside Taro's brain, Taro used to think "it" was his sister?] Did I missed the answer from previous episodes Embarassed ?

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been answered yet. The way it phrased it's response, spoiler["The person who knows you best", makes me think it's either part of his subconscious, or maybe his mom.]

Also, thanks for the note about my spoiler tags, JG.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:31 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
So it looks like there's going to be scenes from the OP in the next episode then?

Naw, more likely the staff don't want to reveal anything visually that happens in the last episode. No immediate examples come to mind, but it's not uncommon to see that done for television series.

Setting up for what appears to be a hell of a finish. Can't wait.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Apparently, I am the only one that thinks spoiler[the series will be cheapened, lowering itself with some generic cross=dressing? I watched this things for the supernatural factor afterall and looking forward to seeing some kind of astral projection battle royale finale.] Eh, anyway not really that big a deal but a little disappointing. I'll still definitely watch either way as there's no way I'm going to miss the conclusion to this one. Also only one left that sucks, 22 is really odd length for a series. Confused Crying or Very sad
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Apparently, I am the only one that thinks spoiler[the series will be cheapened, lowering itself with some generic cross=dressing? I watched this things for the supernatural factor afterall and looking forward to seeing some kind of astral projection battle royale finale.] Eh, anyway not really that big a deal but a little disappointing. I'll still definitely watch either way as there's no way I'm going to miss the conclusion to this one.

I don't think it will be cheapened at all. spoiler[Shakespeare used cross-dressing frequently in his plays, and not just in the comedies. ]
Ultenth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quote
Finally done, what a great ride. I loved this show so much, but they finished it so well I don't really need anything more. spoiler[It was kind of a happy ending, everything working out so well and all, but I didn't think it felt cheap.] Great ride, I wouldn't mind seeing a time-skipped show where they show like their kids or something like that, I would love to see them touch on more of the material they did during the show. I'll definitely buy it if it ever makes it's way to the states.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:13 am Reply with quote
I sort of set myself up for the worst for the ending of this show (by worst I don't mean quality-wise, spoiler[just the feeling that you're left with after the ending]) after learning that the writer for this show also did the writing for SE Lain and Texhnolyze, but it ended up being spoiler[a happy ending where everything worked out], which was a pleasant surprise.
Ultenth wrote:
Finally done, what a great ride. I loved this show so much, but they finished it so well I don't really need anything more.

That's how I'm feeling right now as well. The final episode was satisfying enough that I no longer feel the need to watch any more new shows, well, at least until next week. I would really love to see this show released in the US, even if it's only on DVD. I know I'd be willing to spend the extra cash if they released it on bluray.
Labbes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow, the last episode was really, really incredible.
spoiler[Even though not all questions are answered, it followed the way of the series with its rather slow pace and non-violence.
Some things were not answered, but I don't care since the anime didn't focus a lot on them, but more on the characters. They drove this series and they got an awesome conclusion. Seeing Makoto smile makes me happy, really Smile
And Miyako's tears were heart-wrenching, but that's a good thing, I guess ^^
]
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:40 pm Reply with quote
It felt a little like the climax slipped past without me noticing. My biggest problem was I only felt like I half-understood what was going on at the end; that is, I knew what was happening, but not really why.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
It felt a little like the climax slipped past without me noticing. My biggest problem was I only felt like I half-understood what was going on at the end; that is, I knew what was happening, but not really why.

Yeah, I kind of felt the same way. Although I will say I agree with what some people have already said about liking a happy ending with a little bit of focus on the characters the way it did, I just couldn't help but feel like there was something missing. And it was that exact thing that seemed to be missing that made it feel quite a bit underwhelming. I don't know, it might have to do with how this last episode was built up towards or something. I guess I was just expecting soemthing a little more touching or emotionally powerful or epic and exciting or something like that, because that's the impression I was getting from how it was built up towards.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 19