• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FUNimation Picks Up Evangelion:1.0 Anime Film Remake

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
I think your forgetting Ikki Tousen on the list...

It isn't "forgetting" so much as "really, does this even deserve mentioning with a list of otherwise decent stuff".
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
i wasn't all that impressed with the first eva 1.0 movie but this is still good news
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Unlike a lot of people I wasn't impatient enough that I had to spoil it with the fansub, so it'll still be fresh to me next year.
pparker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Oh, it happened... Wink No, really, it's awesome. The first movie has fabulous visuals and just feels like Anno has the confidence (not to mention the money) years later to put his best vision on the screen. His life has improved substantially it seems, and that may get reflected in the story. We already see a new character in the poster. I'm very interested to see where the story goes eventually, and though I doubt it veers too far from the original concept, I expect some surprises. Especially since the manga took a fair number of liberties. I don't expect Angelic Days, though it would make great OVAs/Omakes.

Oops, time to fill the shaker again... Happy New Year to all, and thanks to Funimation. Turns out they do know how to plan a party Smile .
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Step away from the computer 3.5, you've had enough.

Somebody take this guy's keys!
DrSlime

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote
OH YEAH!!!! Thank you FUNI Very Happy
Jarmel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quote
I think that's it as the rest is covered up in Soul Eater. If there is more then =D
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Congrats on needing to wait 4-5 years before this one is actually complete (going to wait until when the Blu-ray disc value drops incredibly low and buy all 4 then). 1.0 is good, but the flip-side is 2.0 comes out in 2009, followed by unscheduled dates for 3.0 and 4.0, both of which are rumored for premier in Japan's theaters in 2010 and 2011 respectively...by then, the anime community will have changed entirely once again. For better or for worse, who knows.

Now Funimation only needs to cough up the money as to how they're buying ALL the new titles. Eva being the most expensive title on the market...now replaced by Macross Frontier, which shall never be mutilated because of the Harmony Gold incident Laughing Laughing Laughing

As for those who are wondering about why ADV/Manga entertainment dropped this, it's because they just suck...look at what happened to 30 of ADV's titles in the summer.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quote
SWEET! I do hope they can get the original cast back. I'm sure Tiffany Grant will storm into FUNi demanding she be given the role of Asuka again. If they can't round up all the old members I hope they will pick the cream of the crop to act in it.
DRWii

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
At this point in the game, there is also going to be pressure on Funimation to do Blu-Ray releases of the new EVA movies.

I'm pretty sure they won't do a Blu-Ray release until the Japanese do one, and I haven't heard anything on that front.

Quote:
followed by unscheduled dates for 3.0 and 4.0, both of which are rumored for premier in Japan's theaters in 2010 and 2011 respectively

While there's nothing certain about dates, but I'm pretty sure they still intend to release the last 2 films as a double feature, so I doubt we'll be waiting until 2011.

I wish ADV had picked it up, but I didn't really expect them to. At least someone like Funi picked it up. I don't expect them to get the entire original cast, but hopefully they'll get the pilots and Misato.
Fabe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
SWEET! I do hope they can get the original cast back. I'm sure Tiffany Grant will storm into FUNi demanding she be given the role of Asuka again. If they can't round up all the old members I hope they will pick the cream of the crop to act in it.

A A.T Field couldn't stop Tiffany Grant from reprising her role as Auska. It's no secret that's pretty much Her favorite character.
DJTyrant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Unlike a lot of people I wasn't impatient enough that I had to spoil it with the fansub, so it'll still be fresh to me next year.

There was a showing at Anime-Expo this year of it so not everyone who watched it watched fansubs. Grated the subtitling was pretty bad in the sense that you could hardly read it because it was white text with no border.
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Quote:
followed by unscheduled dates for 3.0 and 4.0, both of which are rumored for premier in Japan's theaters in 2010 and 2011 respectively

While there's nothing certain about dates, but I'm pretty sure they still intend to release the last 2 films as a double feature, so I doubt we'll be waiting until 2011.

Where'd you hear the news of a double feature?

As for Blu-Ray, they'll probably do them one once all 4 are out.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Maruna wrote:

We couldn't possibly be getting more, right? What could possibly out-hype Soul Eater and Evangelion?

She will never turn her back on her friends, she is always there to defend, she is the one of whom you can depend, she is the one named...
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Fabe wrote:
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:

A A.T Field couldn't stop Tiffany Grant from reprising her role as Auska. It's no secret that's pretty much Her favorite character.

She'd probably bomb the recording studio if she didn't get the role.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10