• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime Pulls in the Viewers for Adult Swim

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baka...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Lol you all make Candian Anime Fans drool. Just the chance too see some anime without paying an outrageous amount of money would be wonderful.
Necros Antiquor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Stitch wrote:
As for new hype, any network that'll show Naruto is going to get a big boom in audience, in both age and gender groups.
Although I'm thinking it'll be edited quite a lot.

Yes, the network that gets Naruto will get a huge boost, but I doubt it will be edited as heavily as you think. If ADV gets it, it'll be uncut on ANN. Otherwise, it'll likely go to Cartoon Network (especially if Funimation grabs it). There, it will go on either Toonami or Adult Swim. If it's on Toonami, it'll be edited only a little (mainly blood and near-nudity), since Toonami's standards have loosened, and if it goes to Adult Swim, it'll run pretty much uncut.

Then again, 4Kids might try to get it like they did One Piece, putting it on Kids WB or FoxBox. In that case, yes, it would be edited to the point where it's almost unrecognizable. However, I don't see 4Kids trying for this series, since while it is shonen anime, it is much more mature than the other series it has, and it would be very difficult to edit and change everything they'd need to for the little kiddies.
Tondog38

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Any idea on how Milk-Chan is doing in the ratings? I hope it's so low that they decide to pull the plug on the show. Super-Milk Chan is by far one of the worst things I've ever seen in my entire life! It's right down there with DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, and FLCL.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:27 am Reply with quote
Tondog38 wrote:
Any idea on how Milk-Chan is doing in the ratings? I hope it's so low that they decide to pull the plug on the show. Super-Milk Chan is by far one of the worst things I've ever seen in my entire life! It's right down there with DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, and FLCL.

Then I guess SMC rocks, because those shows you listed had HUGE following and ratings at one point in their spans. In fact, they all are doing well, Yu-Gi-Oh! included.
Tondog38

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:12 pm Reply with quote
The Frankman wrote:
Then I guess SMC rocks, because those shows you listed had HUGE following and ratings at one point in their spans. In fact, they all are doing well, Yu-Gi-Oh! included.
Because it it's popular doesn't mean it's good.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Tondog38 wrote:
The Frankman wrote:
Because it it's popular doesn't mean it's good.

What's your definition then? I'm curious because I'll probably end up researching them anyway?
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Baka... wrote:
Lol you all make Candian Anime Fans drool. Just the chance too see some anime without paying an outrageous amount of money would be wonderful.

Well, we do get a monumentally less cut version of Gundam SEED and the openings for Inuyasha.

Oh, also, Toonami's standards have not gone down, they're getting more severe. They can't even show characters attacking each other with sharp objects now. If they wanted to get Naruto on Toonami, they'd have to fight just to be able to show shurikens.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3