• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kishimoto: Naruto Manga to Continue Longer Than 1.5 Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkPhoenixMishima

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:
I don't know why i'm not suprised at this statement, it is a shonen manga afterall. If it would've ended as fast as anticipated it wouldn't be a true shonen ending then. One of the big 3 deserve a BIG ending

Still i'm glad it's going to be going for longer I was beginning to look for a new manga to read. *sigh* Thank god.

Naruto going out on a war that brings together everyone as one isn't big?
You're right. We need bigger. Someone arrange a fight between Naruto and God.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote
Sounds like theres going to be a whole lot of fillers in the anime
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
no offense to the fans at all I can understand them wanting a proper ending, but all I can ask is this Hey what's it like to use a horse skeleton's rib cage as a xylophone? cause frankly that things been beaten on so long the skeleton is all that's left and the stick broke in two
redranger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote
I couldn't have woken up to better news.

Last edited by redranger on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
no offense to the fans at all I can understand them wanting a proper ending, but all I can ask is this Hey what's it like to use a horse skeleton's rib cage as a xylophone? cause frankly that things been beaten on so long the skeleton is all that's left and the stick broke in two

Agreed. Just....just end it, Kishimoto.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
It worries me a little. Because the manga is definitely heading towards a conclusion now, I can see this finishing in 40-50 more chapters but more than that?? Mmm.

I wonder what kind of filler-ish stories Kishimoto is going to come up with...
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote
DarkPhoenixMishima wrote:
StrawHat313 wrote:
I don't know why i'm not suprised at this statement, it is a shonen manga afterall. If it would've ended as fast as anticipated it wouldn't be a true shonen ending then. One of the big 3 deserve a BIG ending

Still i'm glad it's going to be going for longer I was beginning to look for a new manga to read. *sigh* Thank god.

Naruto goes into space to fight an invading alien army and their mothership death weapon.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:10 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
StrawHat313 wrote:

Naruto goes into space to fight an invading alien army and their mothership death weapon.

That'd be cool I'd read that. I'm happy for the fans of the series. I've been following Naruto since I was in middle school... I'm finished my first year of college spoiler[and he still hasn't achieved his dream of becoming hokage] Look, I like Naruto I really do but it really needs to end. I thought it was on it's last leg with the recent chapters, things seemed reaching a climax I was really looking forward to reading the conclusion of Naruto but that doesn't look to be happening any time soon.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually surprised by this. I was expecting it to end around October if I'm perfectly honest.

I guess this must mean that spoiler[Tobi] isn't the main villain after all, as Naruto is currently fighting himspoiler[. I just hope Kishimoto doesn't do a Bleach (killing Aizen then introducing new villains to finish the story off). Maybe after the ]World Warspoiler[ arc, we get a final arc focusing on Sasuke?]

[Mod Edit: Nesting spoiler tags within spoiler tags doesn't really work. Fixed them for you. - Keonyn]
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh come on, don't drag this out!
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news!
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:

This comment made my day Anime hyper

But I was really hoping this series would end soon. I want the fight between Naruto and Sasuke to happen already! That fight BET NOT happen in another 2 years. I've been waiting TOO long!
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:42 am Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
I've been waiting TOO long!

"Always leave them wanting more" - Writing 101

Sasuke's too popular of a character to rush things. Especially for a fated battle years in the making.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:17 am Reply with quote
aereus wrote:
Ushio wrote:

Toriko 19 sold less than 350,000 copies with 3 weeks on the charts before dropping off. Bleach 55 sold over 500,000 copies first week and over 600,000 before dropping off the charts.

So NO Toriko has not replaced Bleach and probably never will.

The thing is, the Jump Editors know that Bleach is fading and going to be wrapped up "soon" -- so lacking any better alternative, they're trying to groom Toriko to be the "next big thing" after its done. (Granted, I don't think its going to work)

What other fighting-oriented series in Jump are going to be used to drive sales once Bleach and Naruto wrap up? You can't claim its a money issue that prevents higher sales for other titles in the magazine, because they can be had for 440yen. And many in Japan then resell to Book Off.

Nothing special came out for the last few years. When FMA and Death Note finished, the jp manga market are going down every year. There is no grow at all.
Without Bleach and Naruto, it will continue to drop. It would be unthinkable if One piece is also finish up with in the next few years.
How are they going to replace the 3m/vol sales?
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:41 am Reply with quote
RGaspar wrote:
It worries me a little. Because the manga is definitely heading towards a conclusion now, I can see this finishing in 40-50 more chapters but more than that?? Mmm.

I wonder what kind of filler-ish stories Kishimoto is going to come up with...

Events in the manga develop incredibly slow. Especially with Kishimoto's insistence on many tactical aspects. So even conclusion of this current war arc can easily take 1.5 years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5