• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto to Run Uncut on Adult Swim's Toonami Block

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Naruto sounds obnoxious in either language.
bakaShin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Can the holy trinity be united before Bleach ends?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:00 pm Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Quote:
DeMarco emphasized that Disney still has the rights to the follow-up series Naruto Shippūden.

Shippuden has been censored by Disney in the worst ways. Not only the blood was removed, but even the sound of a sword piercing somebody was removed (by the way, it did not actually cut a person). Then in a fight they edited the scene in which Sakura is impaled by Sasori so poorly that it makes no sense what happened. Wonder what will happen to Shippuden especially considering the Sasuke vs Itachi had a lot of blood.

Toonami IS NOT AIRING SHIPPUDEN.
TheGameNinja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote
AilisKnil wrote:
I would consider actually giving it a chance but there's no way I'm going near this show's dub.

Ok. But, you know that subs will never air on Toonami, right? Ever. I think AMC aired some Ghibli movies subbed once, but that's the closest you'll ever see to subbed anime on television, outside of a premium channel that is.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:07 pm Reply with quote
shukero wrote:
potatochobit wrote:
how much did they cut the first time?....

They had to cut out a lot actually. Everything from all blood, to negi's swastika birth mark, ect, ect.

Anything that you wouldn't find in a G movie had to be taken out. I also believe that some fight scenes we re-cut so they wouldn't be as long or as violent as they originally were in the Japanese version / DVD uncut version.

They didn't edit blood that much. Only blood that flew, other than that it was still visible. And they didn't edit Neji mark, the anime already did that.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Glad to have Naruto back where it belongs, December 1st is gonna be a fun day for me. Cool
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Sigh and again they made anther bad decision starting at the begining again

Why cant they just end anime on AS all ready this slow death is killing me
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I stopped watching Toonami after the first couple of Saturdays. But, Naruto (the original) is very good series. IMO, Toonami and, blocks like it, doesn't have the structure for longevity. It's a block geared towards young and older adults, those who are more likely to have access to high speed internet connections. So, given the fact that they're airing series that are all over two years-old and have completed their runs, these viewers who haven't seen them are more likely (and reasonably) to find the episodes online, and indulge in as much as they can handle; as opposed to waiting for something that airs at the very end of the week, at the very end of the night.
animegamingnerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:52 pm Reply with quote
i might watch a couple episodes but other then a couple shows i rarely watch tv on my tv anymore
TitanXL

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
While Naruto fits I guess, 1 episode a week is brutal for any long running shounen trying to play catch up
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:19 pm Reply with quote
They'll air it uncut from the beginning, but who knows how far it'll go, once a week. Or they can always replace it with something else later at some point. It's not guaranteed.
AgitoZ

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:24 pm Reply with quote
So, can anyone explain to me why people want One Piece on Toonami? Literally any other place is a better fit and better for the series itself.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:30 pm Reply with quote
AgitoZ wrote:
So, can anyone explain to me why people want One Piece on Toonami? Literally any other place is a better fit and better for the series itself.

Would you rather have it on Vortexx? Rolling Eyes
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:52 pm Reply with quote
They may implement a schedule similar to Jetix with Shippuden (i.e like 4 episodes a week). Toonami also did that with DB/Z around 2001, especially during the Cell arc, and a little during the very early Goku-in-otherworld filler prior to Buu. They aired 2 episodes per day. That'll blow through the seasons upon seasons at a much quicker rate, and may even slightly mitigate the problem I mentioned, above.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:56 pm Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
sainta wrote:
Quote:
DeMarco emphasized that Disney still has the rights to the follow-up series Naruto Shippūden.

Shippuden has been censored by Disney in the worst ways. Not only the blood was removed, but even the sound of a sword piercing somebody was removed (by the way, it did not actually cut a person). Then in a fight they edited the scene in which Sakura is impaled by Sasori so poorly that it makes no sense what happened. Wonder what will happen to Shippuden especially considering the Sasuke vs Itachi had a lot of blood.

They're not even airing it anymore

A license is nothing more than a piece of paper that says you can do something for a certain amount of time. Whether Disney chooses to air the show or not, the license still belongs to them. I've figured they intend to hold on to the license until someone is willing to pay more for it from them than what they paid Viz for it to begin with or let the clock run to expiration. My personal feeling for the show aside, Disney is basically holding Naruto Shippuden for ransom.

Last edited by rootsofjustice on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8