• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken: Rob's Angels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:08 am Reply with quote
Sad to see Rob leave, but I regularly check Topless Robot, so he's not really going anywhere for me. Maybe he can post some reviews of toys from all walks of toydom there.

Also, I wish to curse him as last week's review made me go out and buy the reviewed toy plus a couple other items on sale. Like I really needed more figures. Reading this column is like an alcoholic reading Wine Speculator or Wicked Good Beers Monthy.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:00 am Reply with quote
First of all, Rob's Astro Toy articles will be sorely missed - I'm not a figure collector (tempted as I've been at times, I'd rather spend my money on anime and manga instead), but the articles were often entertaining reads.

Second of all, Krauser will be sorely missed. Laughing

Finally, I'm interested in what this new reviewer will bring to the table.
diligent sesame

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 am Reply with quote
Aw Rob, I'll miss this column but through it I discovered Topless Robot which I read now with devotion.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:53 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
...this column requires something specific and so I went hunting for that.

I didn't think the reviewers actually left ANN, just their columns. I believe you commented on Bamboo's current project when you said "Chicks in Anime" was closed.

Also, what was the "something specific" you were looking for? Just curious, here. I'll understand if you wish to keep it to yourself.
Shirogane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quote
I'm sad to see Rob leave (and will miss Krauser too), but understand the situation. Topless Robot is a pretty funny site and he does well there.

I hope the next reviewer does just as well and look forward to more Astro Toy columns! I rarely buy figures, but it does help with the few purchases I do make and is entertaining even if the figure wasn't on my must-have list.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote
Thanks for all the fun reviews Rob. Best of luck with Topless Robot. And a sigh for Krauser. Will we no longer see him defiling various toys at the end of articles ever again?
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:31 am Reply with quote
I've only read a few of his articles and I'm not really a figurine collector; but his articles were always fun to read, so I'll miss him for that.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote
I don't own any figures, nor do I even see the appeal in them, but I read this column regularly because I liked Rob's style so much. Now I won't be able to read anything he writes ever agian, anywhere on the Internet! Wink

Also, is anybody else seeing all instances of the word "his" appear as "H.I.S." in the article?
nagato316

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
All I can do is echo everyone on the forum. Best of luck Rob and godspeed with your future endeavors, Topless Robot and otherwise. You and Krauser will indeed be missed.

DerekTheRed wrote:

Also, is anybody else seeing all instances of the word "his" appear as "H.I.S." in the article?

Yeah, what was up with that? All I can think of is that "his" perhaps triggers one of those auto-links to some entry on the encyclopedia unbeknownst to myself at least.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Alas, Rob, I hardly knew ya. Good-bye, good luck and good night, sweet Prince, and may angels sing thee to thy eternal rest.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Another ANN member goes bye bye. I hope the entire crew doesn't all eventually jump ship Sad
Big Hed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Definitely a shame to see you go, Rob. Over the time you've been writing this article, I've gone from having zero figures to almost a dozen, which is something I never thought would happen when I started reading Astro Toy. Laughing
Sea Lion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Bricken should take something away from knowing so many people who don't collect figures, like me, regularly read his columns.

Good luck in your future endeavors, Rob.

To the new writer: Bring your A-game for every article and get a pair of asbestos undies. Wink
Etrien

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quote
Farewell, Rob. Farewell, Krauser. It's been a nice run. It's especially great for Rob that Topless Robot is doing so well.

Since these columns are so reliant on the author's writing style, to me it's always more like the end of one column and the birth of something new, rather than a continuation. But, I do look forward to seeing what the "New" Astro Toy will be like. Wink
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote
Take care Rob, I've enjoyed your columns very much. Your columns were quite interesting and well done.

Thank you for all your hard work, best of luck.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4