• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Interest: List of Winter 2011 TV Anime in Japan

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
Thank you for this, I can never figure out when the new shows start so I'm really happy that was included with everything else.
As for the shows, Fractal and Hourou Musuko are must watches and I'll see what the reviews say about Gosick, Level E, and Yumekui Merry before trying them out. Not too many shows for me either but that just means I have more chances to watch older shows then.
Peroxid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:13 am Reply with quote
what a terrible season... will only watch KnT2
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:18 am Reply with quote
Oh, right.

Rather than listing what I'll watch, I'm going to list what I will not watch.

Here's the list:
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Wow... None of these series seem interesting... Well, the only series I'm looking forward to seeing is Beelzebub. =/

Same here, I am only going to watch Beelzebub. The others don't interest me in the very least. But at least there will be one series that will be worth watching next year.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:42 am Reply with quote
List of anime I'm watching:
Wolverine
Starry Sky (for some reason this wasn't on the list)
Fractale
Wandering Son
Gosick
Level E
Honestly, there are more interesting titles this season than there was in the last one in my opinion
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Ya about time there some Magical girls on
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote
I want to make snarky comments about all the shows, but for now I just have one question:

What's Wolverine doing in Japan this time?

(I could pretty much tell from the character list that it's probably not an adaptation of any of the comic arcs in which he went to Japan...)
Roxas4ever

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm not pleased they didn't include Starry Sky. ;P (Yeah, yeah, I know...it will probably suck, but I love the games, and therefore will follow the anime to its end)

I guess Beezlebub looks good, and I'll definitely be watching the second season of Kimi ni Todoke. What I'm really intrigued by is Hourou Musuko.
AyumiHamasaki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I will only be watching Hourou Musuko. It will be a milestone the anime industry. Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
My policy is to check out virtually everything and then decide what to stick with when I actually have a basis to make an informed judgment as opposed to a still image or two and a brief plot summary. I learned my lesson with Squid Girl not to pre-judge. When I first heard about the premise I was all "whatevs." It's turned out to be one of my fave shows of 2010.

Anyway, the only shows I won't bother checking out are Cardfight!! Vanguard (because I'm just not into that kind of show), Wolverine (because I tried out Ironman and wasn't thrilled; I'm just not a big fan of Western super hero stories; mind you, if I read a lot of good comments about it, I may change my mind) and Mitsudomoe Zōryōchū! (because I watched an eppie of the first season and didn't like it).

I have grave doubts about Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica because I don't really like magical girl shows, but it won't kill me to at least check out the first eppie.

Can't wait for Kimi ni Todoke II!
Kurohei

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Still no 666 Satan anime....
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Beezlebub, GOSICK, and Hourou Musuko are the only ones on the list that look appealing.

I face/palmed so horribly reading the synopsis for "Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!!" What the heck is up with the title? Had to copy and paste it... In fact, what the heck is up with that show even existing?! Here's hoping it's better than it sounds... (Won't get my hopes up though.)

Thanks ANN, for posting the list up. I had almost forgotten about this.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Ultimately, my decision of what to watch depends on what gets picked up for simulcast. But, I am hoping these get grabbed:

Really Interested:
Beelzebub
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Mahō Shōjo Madoka Magica
Yumekui Merry

Kinda Interested:
Fractale
Freezing
Hourou Musuko

I'm going to try and keep up with simulcasts next year since it's been fun keeping up with talkbacks. I may melt down, though, but I'll try anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
BleuVII wrote:
16 yawns and 1 maybe... am I growing out of the anime fad? Or do shows just really suck lately?

The last couple of seasons have been slim-pickings, particularly last summer, and the summer/winter seasons are always weaker than spring/fall (which often launch the longer series).

Still, there is always noitaminA, which is this time bringing us Fractale and Wandering Son. The former seems to be an original fantasy/sci-fi piece, but the promo videos and site have been playing it pretty close to the chest in terms of exact plot. It could be cliched or very creative. Wandering Son is a good manga written by the same author as Aoi Hana, and is being released in America in February. The anime has this really odd glossy style where everything looks like it's wrapped in saran wrap. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I hope the story will shine through and earn some interest for the manga.

GOSICK looks sort of generic, but it's BONES and I'm willing to give their shows a try. Level E is a very funny manga that ought to be licensed, but the bits I've seen of the animation are less than impressive, far too bland for the bizarre story.

So I'm not too excited about this season, though I've got my eye on a number of titles with some strong potential.

Oh, and Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne—!! (aka "Because For Some Reason My Big Brother Doesn't Like* Me...!!") will be AWESOME... or rather, the reviews of it by ANN staff sure will be! Laughing

*and yes, it's that kind of "like." We really need a puking smiley as an option.
agila61

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I had to laugh at the last synopsis ...
Quote:
Ten years ago Fujiwara noticed he had a power to see multicolored auras surrounding the person's body. Ever since then he's been having a weird dream about a war with cats. Then one day a mysterious girl falls on top of him...
DOT DOT DOT indeed! Shorthand for, "well, and then you know the rest."

The only one that attracted my interest from the chart was Fractale, hadn't actually noticed, but not surprised to see, that its noitaminA.

We'll see. And I just got a Roku box for the bedroom television, so the bar for whatever gets onto Crunchyroll will be lower than the bar for things I have to watch on my netbook.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 14