• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Devil Is A Part-Timer! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkov

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:57 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
The episode preview seems to imply he spoiler[will go on date with her], although it probably won't happen I like the sound of them as a couple.

Nah, anime law of spoiler[main characters landing on top of each other dictates that Sadou and Emilia are the designated couple]. Which I'm totally ok with.

Also, did Chiho have breast implants since last week's episode, or was I just not looking back then?

Last edited by Arkov on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Arkov

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:58 am Reply with quote
The quote button looks like the edit button.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:10 am Reply with quote
Arkov wrote:
Nah, anime law of spoiler[main characters landing on top of each other dictates that Sadou and Emilia are the designated couple]. Which I'm totally ok with.

Well I will hope against that, I fear Emilia's character would be ruined if she fell for Satan. I am all for Chiho.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:14 am Reply with quote
Hasn't Emilia already pretty much fallen for him though? Imean she blushed several times in the episode during events related to him and then there was that couple thing that the cop pointed out lol I think this series is hilarious though Anime hyper All the bargain hunting and stuff is really relatable to me. I actually don't have a preferred couple yet, but I like Emilia. So, I wouldn't mind her being with Satan :p
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote
Emilia is an interesting one.
She seemed more like a maou than like a hero.
Her reactions about maou were really fun to watch.
The whole maou-hero situation is just ridiculous in the real world.
I totally have a feeling they'll end up being friends...
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Arkov wrote:

Also, did Chiho have breast implants since last week's episode, or was I just not looking back then?

Nope it was ridiculously large in the first episode.

Emilia's pouty face in the police station and her tantrum in trying to open the door was cute. I don't think she likes him yet, its just anime nature to have the girl/guy in romcoms to act embarrassed in those situations. Although it is obvious that Chiho does like him.
Clarste

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Hasn't Emilia already pretty much fallen for him though? Imean she blushed several times in the episode during events related to him and then there was that couple thing that the cop pointed out lol I think this series is hilarious though Anime hyper All the bargain hunting and stuff is really relatable to me. I actually don't have a preferred couple yet, but I like Emilia. So, I wouldn't mind her being with Satan :p

Those were humiliation blushes, not romantic blushes. There's not a single moment in this episode that implies she's falling for him. Although there's an analogous track of her coming to terms with the fact that he's a decent person. Recognizing that someone deserves to live isn't quite the same thing as falling in love.
Arkov

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Clarste wrote:
Treeborn wrote:

Those were humiliation blushes, not romantic blushes. There's not a single moment in this episode that implies she's falling for him. Although there's an analogous track of her coming to terms with the fact that he's a decent person. Recognizing that someone deserves to live isn't quite the same thing as falling in love.

Let's face it though, in the anime universe, they're pretty much the same thing.
Clarste

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Arkov wrote:
Let's face it though, in the anime universe, they're pretty much the same thing.

True enough. I would be very surprised if she doesn't end up in some sort of love triangle. But it hasn't happened yet.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 2

Glad that Hero-Emil is actually pretty funny but I hope there's no romance between her and Maou. Seen enough forced hero-demon love from last season's Mayou and I prefer more witty humor between the duo. Seeing her as a spoiler[Customer Service Rep] made me laugh more than it should have.

Loved the part when she was eavesdropping on the guys:
spoiler[
Sire, please don't.
But anyone would be curious about this demonic experience!
Ahh! Ahh! *sigh*
]
:3
Riddley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote
Yeah I'm in love with this series since spoiler[Emilia's rant outside the door] I was laughing out loud the whole time that was gone on.

And yeah guys...it's EmiliaxSatan as the designated couple. Let's face it, anime are about as opaque at this sort of thing as two horny teenagers at a rock concert.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:25 am Reply with quote
This show is just too adorable. Definitely one of my comedy faves of the season. I loved everything about the Satan-Emilia interaction, especially her proud declaration that she trashed the umbrella he gave her. I love some of the pissed off/evil expressions they give her.

I too didn't notice how stacked Chiho was in the first eppie, but I sure have now. She's cute. Of course, Satan-Emilia will be the actual couple, but maybe Chiho will hook up with Satan's trusty aide?

I'm looking forward to what Funi will do with the dub for this show.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
I found the concept amusing after the first episode, and this episode has firmed up that this will unquestionably be one of my keepers for the season. (And given how packed a list of worthy options there are this season and how few I can afford the time to follow, that's saying something.) Everything about the episode was great, especially the way that spoiler[Emilia's efforts to break in deteriorated into pathetic pleading], and the bit about the earthquakes and spoiler[the attack] provides some definite mystery and intrigue elements, too.

My prediction at this point: spoiler[Chi will also turn out to be something more than just ordinarily human]. The timing of events is a bit too weird for there to not be a connection.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:45 pm Reply with quote
@ Key - re: your prediction - I had the same thought.

Oh, also I forgot to note "100 Yen Hero" line in my last post. Laughing
Brett-Butler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:26 pm Reply with quote
This has been one of the unexpected highlights of the season so far. The spoiler[cucumber & honey = melon discussion] had me laughing myself silly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 30