• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Hunting - NO Recommendation threads allowed! [READ THE 1st POST]

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KyuubiNaruto1313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Ok, im comfused. Can I simply ask if ANN is aquiring sequels or is that what is prohibited? (I don't think I've understood the wording of this rule very well.)
braves

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quote
KyuubiNaruto1313 wrote:
Ok, im comfused. Can I simply ask if ANN is aquiring sequels or is that what is prohibited? (I don't think I've understood the wording of this rule very well.)

Simply put, you can't ask for recommendations on what to watch next. There are other threads listed in the first post of this thread that are categorized by genre and you can check there for info, as well recommend to others.

And ANN doesn't acquire sequels or any other anime for that matter. They stream anime on their site, but that doesn't mean that they own it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KyuubiNaruto1313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for clearing that up.

braves wrote:
And ANN doesn't acquire sequels or any other anime for that matter. They stream anime on their site, but that doesn't mean that they own it.

I know they dont own it, but theres a show they have on here for a show I really enjoy. I guess I was just asking if ANN trys to get info for sequels of shows they already of info for.
Mister V

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:50 pm Reply with quote
So, ahem, what would I have to do if I wanted to ask for recommendations not by genre, but by a specific element... of the storytelling, I guess? (in this case it's cynicism without comedy elements)

I've got interested in Hell Girl because the ANN review states that the show is very cynical - but then I don't want to necro the horror thread or start a thread just about Hell Girl - and then I realised that I generally haven't seen that many shows where that particular aspect/element shines, so I wanted to ask for opinions and recommendations... Can I therefore start a new thread?
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Mister V, this is just my opinion, but I believe that if you create a recommendation thread it could be allowed depending on how well written it was, and how it would attract further discussions(no listings etc.). All for all, you could try doing one, but there's no guarantee it won't be locked. And I really doubt you'd get a reply saying it's totally guaranteed that it won't be locked.

By the way, reading the previous posts of this thread may help.
Motty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote
If i want to find a good anime i often ask my sister who is always comparing anime or i ask my friends who have simmilar interests as me.
I really like how you can see other people's lists that have simmilar interest.
Very Happy
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote
Haven't been on these forums for over a year now so forgive me if I'm not caught up on any new rules since then. However, I would like to ask if there are any links to any reviews/opinions on any of Anime to have been released the past year?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
IchigoK90 wrote:
Haven't been on these forums for over a year now so forgive me if I'm not caught up on any new rules since then. However, I would like to ask if there are any links to any reviews/opinions on any of Anime to have been released the past year?

Well that depends on where you mean by "released". If you are referring to "released in Japan", then this Wikipedia page may be of some use. But if you are looking for the best Anime that were released in the States in 2009, then try this feature.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:48 am Reply with quote
I still can't believe people manage to miss this thread. Seriously. It's at the top, in BOLD! It's like one person a day posts something that contradicts this thread. I just don't understand it one bit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LycanGod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:08 pm Reply with quote
hey everyone i just have a quick question, see i dont know if this question belongs to this topic but i dont know where else to put it...

ok i am looking for this old anime it is about a boy who if i remember correctly gets sucked into a video game or something, and he is supposed to save this world of racing, by helping a small RC car (that has its own mind and can talk) and a girl to collect the tracks that make up the world....

i dont remember the name or any other information, but if anyone can help me find it please send me a pm,

i will greatly appreciate anyones help Smile

thanks in advance
jhonsadins

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I really need some help with this thread but won't know how to get it..

Last edited by jhonsadins on Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skylark

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:43 pm Reply with quote
LycanGod wrote:
hey everyone i just have a quick question, see i don't know if this question belongs to this topic but i don't know where else to put it...

No mate you've got the wrong thread. Check this thread out for identifying anime series.

jhonsadins er... copy/pasting Tony K's moderation warning on the 3rd post to what end?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LycanGod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Skylark wrote:
LycanGod wrote:
hey everyone i just have a quick question, see i don't know if this question belongs to this topic but i don't know where else to put it...

No mate you've got the wrong thread. Check this thread out for identifying anime series.

jhonsadins er... copy/pasting Tony K's moderation warning on the 3rd post to what end?

thanks for the heads up dude
Agito∞

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:24 am Reply with quote
Anyone know a good Mecha/ High School Comedy that is Shonen Anime that is 25 episodes long the most?
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:44 am Reply with quote
Agito∞ wrote:
Anyone know a good Mecha/ High School Comedy that is Shonen Anime that is 25 episodes long the most?

I do have a title in mind (three or four actually), but I'd rather be a jerk and not tell you than get on the wrong side of Tony K....

Tony K. wrote:
EDIT: This is the one and ONLY rule you must abide by. You may ask about one title, and that's it. More than likely, most of you will fail in at least doing this much, but this is all I will offer in terms of negotiation. If you can't do it, then take an English class and work on your writing skills.

...however I'm willing to at least point you in the right direction. Go to this link, and try your best to find the information by yourself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 17