• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim: Inu Yasha Movie Next Month, Bleach in Sept

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bennyb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:52 am Reply with quote
Lumicite wrote:
Thaimex wrote:
I never really got into Bleach, so this is probably a good thing for me. Ill probably watch a few episodes, summer season just started and there's already some good titles I wanna check out.

If you hang in past the exposition it suddenly kicks in. I don't know if those who have already seen the series will agree, but this happened for me when they infiltrated the "soul Society" around about ep 21 or so. The individual Shinigami characters were so interesting and the fight scenes so different and actually exciting that I found myself hooked. I do it admit it took a while though.

I completely agree. Series is entertaining at first but doesn't really get addictive till season 2-ish.

I just hope this doesn't cause lackluster ratings ala Eureka 7. I have hopes it'll be better received, if dub is anywhere as onpoint as naruto, it'll be great.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:49 am Reply with quote
joel_s95387 wrote:
Oh and don´t forget to watch Pee Wee´s Playhouse next week! Twisted Evil
Right, talk about going [OT], then throw a huge chunk of flamebait out there.
Wink
I would take Sealab over PeeWee anyday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Riyousha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:35 pm Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
Riyousha wrote:
Tondog38 wrote:
What Adult Swim should be doing instead of getting those shows is getting more Perfect Hair Forever/Stroker and Hoop made. Sad

But Perfect Hair Forever and Stoker and Hoop are stupid. Why do you think [adult swim] should get more of those?

I agree. Everything Adult Swim has produced is garbage. Sealab, Tom Goes, 12 Oz. Mouse, Squidbillies, Stroker and Hoop; all of these shows are crap. Williams St. should stick to acquiring anime and comedy series instead of wasting their time with their pointless Flash cartoons.

Bleach premieres on Sept. 9, huh? Can't wait. I don't care about the Inuyasha movie in August, though. That show died years ago.

Well I only watch a few non-anime cartoons on [adult swim]. Futurama is great, Family Guy is excellent, Boondocks is very good, and American Dad is good. However, I still think Squidbillies and 12 oz Mouse should be taken off the air because nobody cares for them.

Now back to the subject. I'm glad Bleach is showing on 11:30 p.m. but what will be sad is that the FMA re-runs will be dead and will never show again. Why not show FMA re-runs on 12:30 p.m. since Bleach will be on 11:30 p.m.?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
crow-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:06 am Reply with quote
[Either find something else to harp on or shut the hell up. We're all sick of it; even the people that'd normally agree with you. --Nagi]
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:04 am Reply with quote
Riyousha wrote:
Tondog38 wrote:
What Adult Swim should be doing instead of getting those shows is getting more Perfect Hair Forever/Stroker and Hoop made. Sad

But Perfect Hair Forever and Stoker and Hoop are stupid. Why do you think [adult swim] should get more of those?

And why do you think Tom Goes to the Mayor and Squdbillies need to exist in any form in collective memory?

Still, hopefully both air to good ratings so that we can get more anime on AS.
RezSav

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:13 am Reply with quote
Stroker and Hoop was cancelled about 4 months ago.
maus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:44 am Reply with quote
The third Inuyasha movie was really cool. I already have it on dvd and it's one of my treasures. Cool

Bleach was a nice show. I got hooked from the first episode and the whole soul society arc was pure bliss...
But then the series took a nose-dive with the Bountou-arc...
I still follow it now, but i don't like it that much like I used to. Maybe when those tedious fillers stop, I will be a Bleach-aholic again.
Steve007101

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it's pretty much a largely shared opinion that the first season-ish of Bleach is innovation in anime concepts and exposition with some action, then it cuts to the Soul Society arch if you will (lasting what would be considered about a couple seasons) and is easily one of my favorite anime arches of all time with the extremely well done blend of variety in fights and plot development, amount of them, and sheer kick'in ass factor. Afterwards as mentioned sadly the season takes a nosedive with lack luster fillers that would turn off everyone except the absolute hard core fans that have to watch it just because it's still called Bleach. I really can't find another reason why.

[Rant]

Seriously, Naruto, Bleach, we don't like your fillers. I don't mean to sound absurd but I think something that should seriously be considered is how exactly the fillers will be handled, I mean to me the obvious comparison in style and quality is far too extreme to overlook it without some consideration especially considering the number of them (the fillers), although this is just my opinion as a fan who wishes he had control over this kind of stuff. As far as the American companies are concerned, they'll probably not really care and treat them the same obviously as although it'd be more work for episodes to be released consecutively (given that either way we’re going to have DVDs) it'd be prolonged attention for a major series that they own which is why they're in the bis'. Then again, now that I think about it in both series’ they used some non-filler content in the filler episodes so ultimately it’s asking far too much to try and even consider it.

[/Rant]

And yeah, it's also pretty much a shared opinion that the third Inuyasha movie is the best Inuyasha movie of the four by far, and in my honest opinion the best Inuyasha anime footage aside from the fourth special (also known as episodes 147-148) but the fourth special's appeal is more one of drama, the third movie is by far the best of Inuyasha in action and conflict and probably my favorite non-comedy anime "filler" there is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3