• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Anime to Air This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Noooooooo! Now when I'm so fed up with Rie whatsoever. Oh for christ's sake.

She won't go away until she stops selling stuff. And going by her pedigree, she sells stuff with her name alone better than almost any other seiyuu in the industry, if not the best.
GracieMarie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote
OMG I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT WHEN IT COMES OUT!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Melanchthon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Ha, the last answerman question was about what series do you want to see a given a proper ending, and I thought to myself, 'I would really like to see the end of Shana,' and wouldn't you know. The other show I would like to see more of is Zero no Tsukaima, but I have a feeling that the franchise has been tapped out. Shana, on the other hand, had such a horrible second season anything is up from there.

And for all you Kugimiya Rie haters out there, when not being typecast as a loli tsundere, Kugimiya is actually a very talented voice actress (Fullmetal Alchemist: Alphonse, Gakuen Alice: Hotaru, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan: Sabato, Oh! Edo Rocket: Shunpei, Dance in the Vampire Bund: Hysterica(the only good part of that show)). And besides, she's really good at the whole loli tsundere too. So don't hate the player, hate the game. Or something.
Kouta6769

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Welcome back Shana, god I missed you!
Taco-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I knew it. Finally, but wow I dont even remember what happened in the first two seasons. To wikipedia for a refresher I go!! ZOOSH
Erilea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait to watch it! I wish I lived in Japan though so I can watch it on the day it airs.... although I wouldn't be able to understand it.
jmaeshawn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:42 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Though it does have my most hated character in all anime ever...Sakai Yuji.

I have no problem with Yuji, it's Kazumi Yoshida who I detest.

Kazumi Yoshida is actually my favorite character in Shana. O.o
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote
I like Yoshida as well.

I can't stand Margery Daw or her annoying book. They need to take all the time they spend on her and give it to Wilhelmina instead, who barely gets any screentime.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Now, when Shana III airs in Japan, Funimation can just license it (which in turn will have to wait for at least a year before release on DVDs/BD).

Thank goodness for more Shana for Shana fans (such as me Anime smile ).
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
egoist wrote:
Noooooooo! Now when I'm so fed up with Rie whatsoever. Oh for christ's sake.

She won't go away until she stops selling stuff. And going by her pedigree, she sells stuff with her name alone better than almost any other seiyuu in the industry, if not the best.

Oh, for a moment there, I thought you were talking of Lady Gaga. Laughing
alee0911

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:20 am Reply with quote
All TV Stations (MBS,AT-X,TOKYO MX) have are in the program Shakugan no Shana II( episode 10/24) Each episode is released once a week (Thursday).
24 - 10 = 14 episodes so we have 14 weeks
All stations have done season II in september 13.
Offical date about Shakugan no shana III is :

MBS from 07.10.2011

AT-X from the 07.10.2011

TOKYO MX from the 07.10.2011

So.... i cant wait ;p

About "final" last 24 videos, the last five months of waiting for new videos ehh Sad(

Some videos about sns I, II, III
quality in the video is perfect.

http://zoome.jp/kanimove/diary/87
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:05 am Reply with quote
Finally! I remember hearing about season 3 such a long time ago and then with the OVAs slowly coming out I thought that it might never happen.
I hope that it gets a full 24/26 episodes and faithfully concludes the story.

I don't mind Rie Kugimiya personally (and I didn't even know she did all those other roles), I just wish all her loli tsundere characters didn't all sound exactly the same. I mean exactly. I don't think I could tell apart Taiga, Louise or Shana by ear at all. Her Shana-tan tends to make up for it though ;p
alee0911

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:50 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
I don't think I could tell apart Taiga, Louise or Shana by ear at all. Her Shana-tan tends to make up for it though ;p

About Louise after sms 3 meybe new episode znt ^^
immortalrite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote
Now hopefully Funimation can finally release Season II, which I still have not seen yet on account of the fact that I am waiting for the dub. Personally, I rather preferred Tabitha St. Germain's generally more likable and significantly less bitchy-sounding Shana to Rie Kugimiya's vastly overused, cut-and-paste tsundere voice. I would imagine that, unless they are doing an in-house dub (extremely unlikely), one of the reasons why it is taking so long is that Funimation is having to work with commissioning Ocean for the ADR process. If this is the case the wait will be well worth it, as I believe Ocean's excellent (as always) dub for Shana I is what made that show as enjoyable for me as it was. Now I just hope they are getting a blu-ray lined up as well.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:44 am Reply with quote
immortalrite wrote:
Personally, I rather preferred Tabitha St. Germain's generally more likable and significantly less bitchy-sounding Shana to Rie Kugimiya's vastly overused, cut-and-paste tsundere voice.

Shana was actually the role that started the whole "loli tsundere" image Rie got. So its hardly cut and paste for Shana, since it was pretty unique at the time and made her the star she is today of the anime world.

Probably her biggest role pre-Shana was Alphonse from Fullmetal Alchemist, but thats a far cry from the "loli tsundere" image she has these days.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5