• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pile of Shame - MARCO: 3,000 Leagues in Search of Mother

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
Before I begin,I'd like to apologize to the moderators. I know I'm not supposed to be necroposting or whatever but I'd like to put my two cents in. I'm not trying to endanger anything or whatever it is.
When I was growing up,I saw stuff like "Belle and Sebastian" in Nickelodeon's early days so it doesn't bother me. I think "Marco:3,000 Leagues in Search of Mother" could be compared to "An American Tail" in which a young mouse moves with his family to America. I can forgiven for thinking that many Americans might not be interested in a story in which someone is emigrating to places other than the United States. The U.S. is itself an immigrant country so it isn't surprising to me that that might be the case.

It's hard to know how to feel about this movie. It's seems to be a pretty good film but I don't know for sure. I haven't seen it. It seems to be interesting,it's hard to know for sure. Also,I didn't know that Sheena Easton was involved with this. She's a pretty good singer. I don't how much they paid her but it must have been a lot.
StudioToledo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
When I was growing up,I saw stuff like "Belle and Sebastian" in Nickelodeon's early days so it doesn't bother me. I think "Marco:3,000 Leagues in Search of Mother" could be compared to "An American Tail" in which a young mouse moves with his family to America. I can forgiven for thinking that many Americans might not be interested in a story in which someone is emigrating to places other than the United States. The U.S. is itself an immigrant country so it isn't surprising to me that that might be the case.

I still dig these kind of tales. It still takes place in the "Americas" if you want to put it that way.

Quote:
It's hard to know how to feel about this movie. It's seems to be a pretty good film but I don't know for sure. I haven't seen it. It seems to be interesting,it's hard to know for sure. Also,I didn't know that Sheena Easton was involved with this. She's a pretty good singer. I don't how much they paid her but it must have been a lot.

Well it's Japan, they know to use their money. Though given what happened with "A Dog of Flanders", it was probably for the best Pioneer didn't pick this one up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3