• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Naruto Shippuden Anime's Next Arc Begins in January

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
It's time to end Naruto. I know in 5 years we'll see a remake of the series to follow closer to the manga. Naruto Kai!

I would like to see all of Naruto redone:
1) without fillers and animated on the level of Fate Stay at 1080p quality;
2) voice acting does not need to be redone, the audio tracks should be reused;
3) music from the first six years should not stop at seventh year (Shippuden), they should mix works of both composers.

But this should not be done in 2015 or 2016, public has to rest for a while.
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:

2. Even if they are not in-house employees, many have become regulars working for this series and unless Pierrot has another project they will be out of this source of income for a period of six months to a year. Also, remember "most" those not mean "all", there are employees at pierrot that might have to be on the street since in a weak economy I do not think Pierrot has the money to pay them for months for doing nothing at all.

Over 170 animated series aired in 2014. That is the highest number of animated series to ever air in a single year in Japan. There's plenty of work in the industry, especially for the people with talent.
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
And here I am thinking the anime was going to end in April(or maybe Summer.

Deoxy360 wrote:
I wonder how the anime only watchers in Japan feel about this with the series going in filler in the middle of a big arc. I'm guessing that this will last a few months.

I'm not in Japan, but it still applies. As someone who has been watching the anime only since the beginning, and stopped watching when the war started in 2012 so I could marathon it when the anime would be a week or 2 before it ended...I feel nothing.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote
JacobYBM wrote:
Over 170 animated series aired in 2014. That is the highest number of animated series to ever air in a single year in Japan. There's plenty of work in the industry, especially for the people with talent.

Yikes, that's astonishing! Competition must be heavy. Is the business full of startups or something?
The_way67

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
hahaha PASS

I gave up on sh!tpudding years ago. That fail manga ending gives me no motivation to ever watch anything except the original Naruto anime.
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:26 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:

Yikes, that's astonishing! Competition must be heavy. Is the business full of startups or something?

Nope, production committees are simply finding animation to be a viable tool for promoting their products right now. Due to poor planning production schedules are super short so the number of staff used on each episode is rather huge.
Ranemoraken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:22 am Reply with quote
I dunno. If they at least make the last few episodes look awesome, and they need more time, then that might be worth it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3