• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion Gets English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:05 am Reply with quote
This is a direct sequel on the series right?
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:25 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
This is a direct sequel on the series right?
Yes. A good one at that.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
And how much will Aniplex charge for that?
NorbieH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:09 am Reply with quote
Lucky I didn't get the Japanese import, would have been annoyed to find out days later there is a dub edition coming.
Trypticon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:44 am Reply with quote
I placed an order on Rightstuf; in my case, being in Canada, I have to order $250 worth of stuff to get free shipping; which is worth it. So I wait until enough material comes out that I want and also make choices from a list of prospective shows I have book marked and place an order every few months.

The hot spot of this recent order I placed; and this is where I get on topic; is Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie -Rebellion Limited Edition and Yuki Yuna is a Hero volume one.

I'm looking forward to watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie -Rebellion firstly because it's been over a year since seeing it in theaters and considering the type of movie it is; I'm sure I'll spot a lot more points of interest and relevance especially since I won't have to juggle between reading and looking at the visual orgasm taking place over the course of the film.

Which brings me to my second reason, which is to hear how the English dub comes out. I'm one of the few people who, while critical of the television series English dub on some occasions didn't find it nearly as bad as people say it is; and I still stick to my guns about it. So it will be interesting to see how it comes out.

Thirdly, and despite being a silly reason, I'm curious to see what the case and packing looks like and it'll be nice to get a sound track as well.
Gonstead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:30 am Reply with quote
trypticon wrote:
Which brings me to my second reason, which is to hear how the English dub comes out. I'm one of the few people who, while critical of the television series English dub on some occasions didn't find it nearly as bad as people say it is; and I still stick to my guns about it. So it will be interesting to see how it comes out.

Have you had a chance to listen to the dubs for the first 2 movies? Easily tops the television anime dub.
Trypticon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
Gonstead wrote:
Have you had a chance to listen to the dubs for the first 2 movies? Easily tops the television anime dub.

I have the movies but I haven't watched them yet; but when I saw Christina Vee at Animethon, she did mention they redid a lot of it.

Come to think of it, I've had those movies for a while now; I suppose I should get on actually sitting down and watching them soon so that I can compare it to the television series.

I have put them on while I practice bass; I put movies or anime on mute in the back ground while I practice; just a weird thing I do. As I said though; I haven't sat down and really watched them yet; just the television series; a few times (hey, can you blame me? It's a good show).
NorbieH

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:37 am Reply with quote
Do the first 2 movies have any new animation?
Gonstead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:14 am Reply with quote
trypticon wrote:

I have the movies but I haven't watched them yet; but when I saw Christina Vee at Animethon, she did mention they redid a lot of it.

Come to think of it, I've had those movies for a while now; I suppose I should get on actually sitting down and watching them soon so that I can compare it to the television series.

Dub-wise, it definitely was a much different experience compared to the anime. The anime had them grow into the characters and now the movies really give them a second chance to shine and show what could have been. Now with Rebellion, we can finally hear how they will perform outside of content they are familiar with.

Still wish they dubbed the PSP and Vitra games... *grumble*

NorbieH wrote:

Most of it is updated visuals more so than actual new animations.

However, there is indeed some new stuff that you can catch / notice if you are familiar enough with the anime version. IIRC all of the transformation sequences are all new animation. spoiler[Mami's death happens a lot faster than before with a visual showing her gem breaking] and there's also about 4 - 5 minutes of entirely new animation that bridges the episode 9 and 10 content together. Quite a spectacular scene as well. There's even an OP for both movies with all new stuff. The Magia ED also got an updated look to it as well as a new remix.

Sad thing about the movies though are the removal of some pretty plot-centric stuff like Madoka's dream sequence from episode 1 as well as Mami's backstory explanation from episode 3, which lessens the impact of her death.

Apart from those, the only other thing to comment on about the movies are some new and remixed tracks that have been added in as well as shuffling around some of the old OST songs from their places in the anime.

Okay, I should stop there, otherwise you'll open up a floodgate I'm trying to hold back.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know if the English Dub LE will be the same packaging and extra's as the sub only LE that we got last year.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:03 pm Reply with quote
This is nice, but it bugs me that the first movie domestic release did not come with the soundtrack... With how Fate/Zero was, I figured it would and skipped the import version to wait for a slightly cheaper (and more complete) domestic release. It didn't have a CD in it Sad This one does though, but I'm assuming it ONLY contains Rebellion's OST and not both?

Kind of weird, really.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
NorbieH wrote:
More than you'd think, actually; for one, they fiddled with Sayaka's magical girl outfit(she now has a fortissimo hair pin), so they weren't exactly cheaping out.
TarsTarkas wrote:
Does anyone know if the English Dub LE will be the same packaging and extra's as the sub only LE that we got last year.
The description seems to match what I have.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Hot damn, looks like waiting paid off this time.

Now if only we could get a blasted dub and BD release for Blast of Tempest.
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
The description seems to match what I have.

Considering the differences in how they describe the English LE and the import LE (now called the collector's edition!), I don't think so.

http://www.madokamagicausa.com/rebellion/
kotomikun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
It's not all the same stuff, but the Japanese LE has quite a bit more stuff. It does look like there's no point getting the English LE if you already have the Japanese one, unless you really, really want those postcards.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4