• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Astarotte's Toy episodes 7-12

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:50 pm Reply with quote
I love how poorly this did in japan, hell the creator of the series went out and bought 5 dvd's/blurays of each to support the show lol. What gets me is all the fans on spoiler[4chan where pissed off due in part that there wasn't any "sucking"]. Did anyone really think they where going to show that??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kyubey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
spoiler[4chan where pissed off due in part that there wasn't any "sucking"]. Did anyone really think they where going to show that??

They could have done some camera angles to insinuate it happening without actually showing it, not that I'm complaining, and I thought in the second episode they said it was sucking saliva out of the lips or something so as to not be too far over the line (may have been hopeful thinking), but later it changed to sucking off, although it could have been a translator error or maybe it's 'cause I heard "chu" and it made me think kiss and not suck :S
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:53 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
I love how poorly this did in japan, hell the creator of the series went out and bought 5 dvd's/blurays of each to support the show lol. What gets me is all the fans on spoiler[4chan where pissed off due in part that there wasn't any "sucking"]. Did anyone really think they where going to show that??

I didn't realize that spoiler[4chan] was supposed to be some gauge of quality.

I though the otaku would have gobbled up the DVD or BD's.

Having just finished watching the series a little bit ago, the ending is not as bad as people make it out to be. It's not a great show by any means, but it was still fun to watch. I though there would have been a bit more loli content in the show, but I was not upset.

I give a final grade of B.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Does not Hayate the Combat Butler refute the Rie Kugimiya Syndrome? I don't know if it was a late-night show, though.

It should have been a late night show. I dunno about season two but the first season was just unwatcahable with the amount of censor bars they had to put over everything.

And I eagerly await the wrap up review for Usagi Drop. Just saying.

CareyGrant wrote:
What surprises me -not that this show was utter rubbish not fit to line the bottom of a bird cage or litter box- is how we as a community have greatly lowered our standards so much that this steaming pile is even considered, by the simple majority at least, as something normal, good or entertaining.
People got excited for the prospect of the idea of the loli show having consequences for once but no. Cycle repeats, Paedophilia never changes, sucks to be the one show that challenges those themes in the future because everyone will not bother to get on that crazy bus, nevermind jump off it.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote
You spelled Rie's last name wrong. Anime hyper
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Kyubey wrote:
They could have done some camera angles to insinuate it happening without actually showing it, not that I'm complaining
Anime dazed
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:09 pm Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
Quote:
and underage panty shots is nothing remarkable in a country where such things can pop up even in kid-friendly family shows.

ugh, what? care to explain more precisely what you refer to, because that is hardly normal oO

Even Captain Harlock had shots of Mayu's underware. However, they were in no way meant to stimulate any "feelings". Which is what shows like these are meant to provide.
NGK

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:08 pm Reply with quote
maaya wrote:
Quote:
and underage panty shots is nothing remarkable in a country where such things can pop up even in kid-friendly family shows.

ugh, what? care to explain more precisely what you refer to, because that is hardly normal oO

it's normal... have u ever seen old classics such as Dr. Slump?

Also, have you ever seen Strike Witches?
it got a ringing endorsement from the government!

Here's from "that orange triangle website":

Gov: Strike Witches Wholesome Family Entertainment

Quote:
The Japanese Agency for Cultural Affairs has awarded loli pantsu anime Strike Witches a ringing endorsement, in the form of an official recommendation.

The government run Media Art Festival exhibited the title alongside various other excellent anime in the venue’s mini-theatre, and families could be seen taking their children to watch this fine example of Japanese cultural excellence:

(pictures)

This outstanding endorsement of what some, including this site, have mistakenly branded nothing more than a drawn out and extremely well produced exercise in ogling loli pantsu and, in the DVD editions, quite a bit more, will surely be well received by struggling Gonzo.

With their new found credentials, they can now expect to join the ranks of other wholesome children’s anime, such as Kanokon.

Via Gigazine.

We do not hear if they were using the ultra-wholesome DVD version as the basis for their screenings…
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3