• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Anime to Premiere on Toonami on September 29

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:38 pm Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:
I was just wondering what would take Pop Team Epic’s spot on September 29th, but think I would rather have Pop Team Epic reruns than Boruto. Just way too soon for it since having Shippuden only being 1 episode a week is just not cutting it. That was probably why One Piece left. Long series are just a bad idea for Toonami as long as they remain weekly instead of like weekdays. Hell even just having Toonami being on Saturday and Sunday would be better so could at least get double Shippuden episodes.
One Piece was taken off because it did poorly in the ratings (it doesn’t help that it’s been going for years) it’s unlikely that it’ll return to the block.
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Conflicted about this. Another long runner, but not even done with Shippuden yet. So I'll be watching future and past, spoiling myself. Laughing Will see how it goes.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:01 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
MoonPhase1 wrote:
I was just wondering what would take Pop Team Epic’s spot on September 29th, but think I would rather have Pop Team Epic reruns than Boruto. Just way too soon for it since having Shippuden only being 1 episode a week is just not cutting it. That was probably why One Piece left. Long series are just a bad idea for Toonami as long as they remain weekly instead of like weekdays. Hell even just having Toonami being on Saturday and Sunday would be better so could at least get double Shippuden episodes.
One Piece was taken off because it did poorly in the ratings (it doesn’t help that it’s been going for years) it’s unlikely that it’ll return to the block.

They also started with the Foxy arc, which is considered one of, if not the worst arc of One Piece. They should have just skipped to Water 7.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3