• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Media Blasters Jun, Aug - Nov 2012 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

Another overall round-up...

Other than the Bakuman S1P1 BD cancellation, all other releases are either released or soon to be released.

Queen's Blade 2 (DVD) shipped before the release date and it's in select Best Buy stores as well. Simoun (AnimeWorks Classic) has shipped out, but in-stock status may vary from retailer to retailer. Fushigi Yugi S1 and Strawberry Panic (AnimeWorks Classics) are both shipping out as well (in-stock status again will vary from retailer to retailer); and from the looks of it, both releases will be stocked at select Best Buy stores.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Time to upgrade FY to 7/3.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:

OK, I've preordered this from Amazon and I'll see if I get it soon, if at all. From the sites I purchase from, only Rightstuf has this listed for September as everyone else lists June.

Not the same June date, mind you.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
OK, I've preordered this from Amazon and I'll see if I get it soon, if at all. From the sites I purchase from, only Rightstuf has this listed for September as everyone else lists June.

Not the same June date, mind you.

Yeah, that Kanokon release won't be released tomorrow. It shouldn't be anyways. Allegro (MB's distributor) has the release as a September release along with Kite (edited) on Blu-ray.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone gotten the MB version of Fushigi Yugi season one? I'm curious about the case. Is it a stack pack like some of their recent releases or some other form of DVD case??
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Has anyone gotten the MB version of Fushigi Yugi season one? I'm curious about the case. Is it a stack pack like some of their recent releases or some other form of DVD case??

It's suppose to be a 4-disc release. I would imagine a standard keepcase/litebox will be used here.

EDIT: And now RACS has both Simoun and Fushigi Yugi S1 in-stock.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:56 pm Reply with quote
If anyone cares, the Media Blasters Fushigi Yugi is not a stack pac. It is the same size as a standard DVD case with two discs on each side. The discs do overlap on each side.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Not updated on TRSI yet...

Not listed @ TRSI yet...

Last edited by WTK on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:58 am; edited 3 times in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
GaoGaiGar - King of Braves: Complete Collection - 1225 minutes - $49.99 - 10/9/12

Sweetness! If I don't get this at Otakon, this is a perfect collection for me to get in the future!
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:18 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:34 pm Reply with quote
via RACS
Quote:
Media Blasters Schedules Ai No Kusabi for Dec / Bumps Kite BD

Media Blasters sent us their latest schedule sheet today, and so far everything on the schedule for this fall is holding firm except for two changes:

First, they have added the boy love title Ai no Kusabi OVA DVD for Dec 4th:

Ai no Kusabi (OVA) DVD - Dec 4

They also bumped the release of the KITE BD again, now all the way back to November:

Kite BLURAY (Remastered) - Sep 11 to Nov 27
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:07 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Ooh, shiny, Nighthead Genesis, I already have the series, but I quite enjoyed it to be quite honest. It starts off a bit slow, and with a lot of "nii-san" going on, but I think it's worth sticking out the first few eps for sure. For some reason, at Otakon, I noticed NHG in the "yaoi" section, which made no sense to me as the series isn't yaoi in the slightest (the two characters on the cover are brothers for one thing, and I can't think of any other yaoi stuff going on)

It's not yaoi, you can even ask the Media Blaster people, they'll tell you it's in the non-yaoi section. And it's a table, only have so much room. It's mostly in the 13+ place.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:15 pm Reply with quote
As long as Media Blasters doesn't delay or cancel the second half of it like they did for Bakuman, then I might be tempted to pick up both box sets of Fushigi Yuugi at some point.

Wish they'd pick up the later OVA releases because I think they only snagged rights to the TV series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vata Raven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
As long as Media Blasters doesn't delay or cancel the second half of it like they did for Bakuman, then I might be tempted to pick up both box sets of Fushigi Yuugi at some point.

Wish they'd pick up the later OVA releases because I think they only snagged rights to the TV series.

Nope, they have the OVAs picked up or that's what I've gotten form the facebook replies I've seen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4