• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eva:1.0 in N. American Theaters, Eva:1.01 on DVD in Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:57 am Reply with quote
I will be getting the DVDs for both 1.01 & 1.11 Very Happy!
squall.leonhart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:37 am Reply with quote
Dear Funimation,
As an avid supporter of anime, I would like to bring the following to the attention of whom it may concern. Anime fans have waited over two years now for a release of Evangelion: You Are (Not) Alone. Funimation’s licensing of the film was met with both rejoice and disdain by many fans of the original television series and films.

Nevertheless, millions of Americans and anime fans around the world are awaiting the release of Evangelion 1.x on Blu-ray and DVD. Khara’s release of the film in Japan had many mixed reviews surrounding it, but they have redeemed themselves with a re-release of Evangelion 1.11. This is Khara’s and Director Hideaki Anno’s correct envisionment of the film.

Attempting to mirror the Japanese release of Evangelion: You Are (Not) Alone will only create a loss of profits caused by an increase in overall production. Instead, continue with the American release strategy of films and provide a simultaneous release of both 1.0 and 1.11, or simply release 1.11 on DVD and Blu-ray. In both cases, 1.01 should be dropped.

Sincerely,
squall.leonhart
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4