• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Producer: Live-Action Evangelion Project Still Active

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 am Reply with quote
Ushee wrote:
Yeah, this project just needs to die already

Aw, c'mon, they should make it anyway, even though:
- ADV isn't around anymore to make it,
- WETA is no longer the "little unknown company on the other side of the world" that ADV thought they were when they "discovered" them after LOTR first came out,
- Eva's new revival back home has raised the license price,
- Anime features have almost no standing left with US studios after the sad fates of Astro Boy, Speed Racer, and Dragonball (hey, I liked all three of them!),
and
- People are aware of other anime series besides Eva being the "only" one in '99-'01.

I mean, y'know...what's stopping them? Razz

fuuma_monou wrote:
p3rseus wrote:
Have the Japanese adapted anime into good live action films, because the ones I've seen are more lacking than most Hollywood films except perhaps Dragon Ball.

The first two Eko Eko Azarak movies are pretty good, though that's manga to live-action. The only anime to live-action I've seen is Blood: The Last Vampire, which I think worked very well; the anime was pretty short, though, so fleshing it out to a full-length movie could only help..

Since I haven't rented Blood yet, and leaving the live Death Notes aside, only one I've seen was the US disk of Anno's insane version of Cutie Honey, which was a lot better on a budget than it had a right to be--
Haven't seen what Takahashi Miike did with Yatterman, but you'd think some US company would've picked up the big-studio GeGeGe no Kitaro movies by now just on hype.
videogamer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't really care how much of the plot is like the original, as long as some teens piloting bigass mechs get to kick some Godzilla-sized alien ass, using awesome firepower like Positron Cannon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4