• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Confirms Dub for Inuyasha: The Final Act

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:13 am Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
Emerje wrote:
FMAvatard wrote:
^ Funimation also didn't pick up the second and third seasons of Hell Girl.

They only rescued those titles (along with the likes of Hellsing Ultimate, Shana and so on) for distribution, they never announced plans to continue them past what Geneon produced. My hopes aren't very high for them getting the Black Lagoon OAVs either.

I bought the Vandread DVDs as they were coming out years ago. I'm hoping FUNi eventually streams the OAVs so I can see them, I don't intend to buy the box set.

Emerje

Last year at AnimeExpo, funimation announced the licenses to Shana Season 2 and beyond, the Black Lagoon OVAs, the original Hellsing and Ultimate, along with several other Geneon Universal titles.

Geneon USA essentially no longer exists. Their distribution deal with Funi ended and the titles that were part of the deal are now either out of print or have been picked up Funimation. Gungrave for instance is now a Funi title and is being re-released by them on dvd and bluray.

Uh, you realize I wrote that nearly a year ago right? AnimeExpo hadn't happened yet. Of course I know all of this now. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
missymarena

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:58 pm Reply with quote
but why is it STILL not released yet? I can't watch 167 episodes in english and not see the rest of them in english. are they finishing it or not like come on
NJ_

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote
missymarena wrote:
but why is it STILL not released yet? I can't watch 167 episodes in english and not see the rest of them in english. are they finishing it or not like come on

Here's your answer: animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-10-16/viz-media-adds-loveless-jiu-jiu-manga
missymarena

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote
So the english dub is actually done but isnt released til next year? sweet thank you so much.. i seriously decided that i was gunna watch all the inuyasha episodes since i never really saw them all and by the time i got to the 167th episode, i found out that there was another act that hadnt even come out yet and i was like wtf because its been so many years. i always have to wait for things lol idk if you know the Inheritance cycle book series Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance but the last one came out a few days ago and i waited for it forever lol.. im just not patient[/quote]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4