• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA Schedules Servant x Service DVD Set

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fireaxe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
At the time, the only source for the price I had was this article(I explicitly looked it up on RightStuf, to no avail) and thus assumed I was dealing with MSRP.

It's like thinking an area's undergone drastic warming when you don't know they just moved the thermometer right above the AC unit. You've got a legitimate reason for being wrong, but you still look like an idiot.

And I think I'd rather have a pit, anyway.

Well now that we know the exact numbers, I can say that I personally think the 75$ MSRP is a bit overkill (50% more than an equivalent release from Sentai). That's a shame, because I just started watching SxS this weekend and I'm really digging it. The fact that it's DVD-only wouldn't have stopped me from buying it (this show is clearly no Tari Tari or Red Data Girl after all), but that price tag probably will.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
@ Polycell - my apologies, I assumed you were deliberately comparing AoA's sales price with Sentai's MRSP. I can see how you could make an honest mistake in this instance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4