• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuri!!! on Ice Concert With New Anime Film News to Stream Live Globally on Sunday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:01 am Reply with quote
willag wrote:

EDIT: Anyways, I gotta say, I hope this isn't a movie ONLY about Victor's backstory. For one, Yuuri is my favorite character, and I want him present. Additionally, I really want to see Yuuri and Victor's relationship (like, the way the interact with one another is half of the reason I loved the first season). I like how the show is about them as adults, and I'm more interested in their future as adults than I am their past. That doesn't mean I wouldn't watch a movie just about their pasts (even if it is primarily Victor). I'd enjoy it. I just hope that the past is woven into the present where they're now all in St. Petersburg and training together.

I agree. I absolutely hope it isn't "just" a backstory movie. Do I want to know more about Victor's past? Yeah. Do I think it is essential? Not at all. I hope they mix whatever story about Victor's past they're telling with whatever Victor and Yuuri are up to in the present. I am hopeful about it too. This *is* Yuri on Ice, and from the beginning Sayokan said she wanted to portray that relationship between Yuuri and Victor. After such a long wait, I doubt they'd throw all of that away and not give us any post-anime story to have a fully Victor-centric movie. Yuuri deserves his gold medal
returnal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:33 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I hope they mix whatever story about Victor's past they're telling with whatever Victor and Yuuri are up to in the present. I am hopeful about it too. This *is* Yuri on Ice, and from the beginning Sayokan said she wanted to portray that relationship between Yuuri and Victor. After such a long wait, I doubt they'd throw all of that away and not give us any post-anime story to have a fully Victor-centric movie. Yuuri deserves his gold medal
oh definitely! a simple prequel would be kind of a copout and kubo and especially sayokan (over a decade plus!) have proven they don't ever copout. i trust them with my life, pretty much
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4