• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Goblin Slayer (TV + movie) (w/ index).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Original discussion started here.
----------------------------------

(Movie) Goblin's Crown (45:01 - 65:00): Part 3

Summary:

Pending

Comments:

Pending

Screen Caps:

Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Original discussion started here.

(Movie) Goblin's Crown (65:01 - 85:00): Part 4

Summary:

Pending

Comments:

Pending

Screen Caps:

Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Wow, since this thread was created on Sept. 27, 2018 and up to the previous most recent post on July 29, 2020, it had barely over 1200 views in 607 days (an average of 1.98 views per day).

And since I added an Index and started posting caps, it's gotten 3450 views in about 68 hours (an average of 50.74 views per hour). I think whoever is following me must be doing it for the caps. You're welcome! Anime catgrin
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:24 am Reply with quote
With the upcoming season it is sure to get busy. Though I do get why Goblin Slayer is not for everyone to say the least.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:00 am Reply with quote
I am totally hyped for the second season. Now if we can just get another season of The Saga of Tanya the Evil, my life would be complete.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:12 pm Reply with quote
S2 of Tanya was announced a couple of years ago, so maybe it'll come out soon. I actually just finished S1 and the movie this past week. Gonna' post caps for that, at some point, as well Smile.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:57 pm Reply with quote
That announcement was so long ago that I either forgot about it or somehow it slipped my notice. In any case, checking on it made me discover a 17-minute special episode I also didn't know about before: Operation Desert Pasta. I'll definitely be watching that soon!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 of Tanya is more like a special with some funny moments. The movie is a direct sequel, though, and pretty intense.

Anyway, I forgot to mention that they're also making a tactical RPG game for Goblin Slayer on PC and Switch titled Nightmare Feast. It's supposed to feature an original story and (maybe) come out by the end of this year. Looks pretty basic, but we'll see if reviews or actual game footage prove it to be any better.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:32 am Reply with quote
S2 #1

At long last, the second season finally airs. The second half of the movie really wasn't enough to sate the hunger of fans, so hopes are high this new season at least maintains the standard set in the first season. It needs to as well, as this season is much more packed than its predecessor was for eyeball competition.

Although the flashback to the Priestess's first adventure seems unnecessary, it's actually relevant to this arc as she now has the opportunity to exorcise demons from that ill-fated first expedition. She has not fully recovered from the loss of her party members then, despite more or less working full-time with Goblin Slayer and company ever since (and not getting recognised for promotion because they outrank her by a lot). The magician brat is exactly the template for failed adventurers seen most recently in the movie, so if she accepts the challenge she has her work cut out staying alive, keeping him alive and finishing off a goblin quest with just herself and the brat.

The brat actually said something which a lot of people probably would assume looking at the Farm Girl and Goblin Slayer from afar, but Slayer deals with it in his typically deadpan manner. His laser focus on goblin genocide means he never cares what the rest of the guild thinks about him, although compared to season one his lot with the veterans is actually better after the season one finale featuring the Goblin Lord. A lot of the newbies might well die before they appreciate the Slayer for who he is, so if the brat survives under the Priestess's command perhaps he'll learn a bit of humility before continuing his career.

Decent OP, lots of new characters featured and the curiously-titled song sounds good. The ED focuses a lot on the Priestess, with a suitably cheery number. Early days, but I'm looking forward to more goblin blood and guts spilled by the best in the business. His first outing with his regular crew only showed the aftermath, and I'm betting he finished most if not all of the quests he took on. Watching him live up to his career is one of the main highlights watching this show, and I'm eagerly anticipating what's to come.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Nice start. A great episode for getting used to the gang and their antics again. Also a great reminder that the adventurer line of work is a very deadly one with a lot of rookies dying due to stupid mistakes or bravado. That school for rookies is a must. Speaking of rash new rookies, the new wizard sure seems like a hothead who will get himself horribly killed before long. Him teaming up with the priestess will either end with him learning to correct his ways or a fresh corpse.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I have to say, the show didn't miss a beat in regards to picking up its rhythm, which for me is a great thing. The only real difference being that I doubt the Goblin Slayer at the beginning of season 1 would have had the social competence or EQ to take the wizard brat (I'm not the only one noticing a certain resemblance to another character am I?) back to the farm. And Priestess wouldn't have had the wherewithal to lead a party of newbies. I'm really looking forward to seeing how somebody who's been on the frontlines with the Goblin Slayer for a year will stand out among newbies. Even though their core personalities and roles in the party are the same, both of them have grown IMHO, and the anime's showing it without making a big deal about it. Start working on season 3 now as far as I'm concerned.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:14 pm Reply with quote
It is great to be back in this world but I was disappointed with the distinct lack of goblin slayage in this opener. It's coming, I'm sure. I'm also not a big fan of Harry Potter but all will be forgiven if he is violated by an entire tribe of rabid mountain goblins.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:40 am Reply with quote
@Blood-

Sometimes I wonder if you like this show a bit too much.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:55 am Reply with quote
Just don't like bratty, bespectacled know it all punks who think they're the poop, is all.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:19 am Reply with quote
Well, most of the arrogant newbies probably don't make it past a few months. Many anime glorify the adventurer job and Goblin Slayer makes clear how brutal it really would be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8