• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi Launch Podcast About Vic Mignogna Defamation Case

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vampiyan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Saskatoonshred wrote:
It absolutely boggles my mind why so many people continue to support Vic and other known creeps.

I don't know who other creeps means specifically but I would say so long as we see cases like Johnny Depp, Jim Cummings and Quinton Flynn who are able to successfully defend themselves in the court of law and vindicate themselves in the public eye people are going to continue to defend people on principle/doubt alone. And of course the people who are fans of those accused and will stand by them even after they are found guilty in court like Cosby and Smollett.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Farmady has been banned for:
- Undoing moderator edits to their posts
- ad hominem attacks
- posting uncited accusations
- posting discredited accusations
- continuing to do all the above after being warned not to
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:28 pm Reply with quote
TexZero wrote:
ZeArNkN wrote:
Has Vic himself commented on the lawsuit recently? I wonder if this podcast will lead him to give his side of the story.

If he's smart and i know i'm assuming a whole hell of a lot about that....No and nor should he.

Why would he open the door for even more bad legal exposure and open up even more avenues for him to be removed from whatever projects he's currently thinking of working on ?

Why would he? Because through everything Vic has shown a clear disregard for others, and a belief in himself that he has never done any wrong whatsoever. This would be no different. If he doesn't say anything it's only because his lawyer(s) yelled at him enough times not to that it sunk in to listen to them. That or maybe things have gone so poorly behind the scenes saying anything would only dig his hole deeper. Though we'll see how long that lasts, as narcissists like Vic generally can't stop from hearing themselves talk.

The sad fact is at the end of the day their podcast won't sway many people at this point. Most are firmly believe one side or the other. Hopefully their podcast, and being open about it all, might give others the strength to come forward about their own situations. Be it regarding Vic or others. We've seen that there are others like Vic, just within the anime fandom, who have done similar acts. Whether it be VA's or con staff, etc. Perhaps not as prolific as Vic, but he's hardly the only person who has acted in the manner that he has.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Oof, best of luck to these two! They've got much thicker skin than I ever will!
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Redbeard 101 wrote:
TexZero wrote:
ZeArNkN wrote:
Has Vic himself commented on the lawsuit recently? I wonder if this podcast will lead him to give his side of the story.

If he's smart and i know i'm assuming a whole hell of a lot about that....No and nor should he.

Why would he open the door for even more bad legal exposure and open up even more avenues for him to be removed from whatever projects he's currently thinking of working on ?

Why would he? Because through everything Vic has shown a clear disregard for others, and a belief in himself that he has never done any wrong whatsoever. This would be no different. If he doesn't say anything it's only because his lawyer(s) yelled at him enough times not to that it sunk in to listen to them. That or maybe things have gone so poorly behind the scenes saying anything would only dig his hole deeper. Though we'll see how long that lasts, as narcissists like Vic generally can't stop from hearing themselves talk.

The sad fact is at the end of the day their podcast won't sway many people at this point. Most are firmly believe one side or the other. Hopefully their podcast, and being open about it all, might give others the strength to come forward about their own situations. Be it regarding Vic or others. We've seen that there are others like Vic, just within the anime fandom, who have done similar acts. Whether it be VA's or con staff, etc. Perhaps not as prolific as Vic, but he's hardly the only person who has acted in the manner that he has.

Alright you got me. Though i think we were both on the same page when it comes to this.
I did assume too much about someone's inability to get and listen to good legal counsel.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4