• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:51 pm Reply with quote
So much happening. I wonder what that wounded general guy is going to do. I wonder if spoiler[ Suzaku is contracted, if he knows about the power of the geass, don't forget that Lelouch commanded him to Live, and it still seems to be in effect. I wonder if he has a geass power, or what. I wonder what was up with the guy in the tank, I think it was the guy they called Orange. I expect obsessed girl to die rather quickly.I hope some of these questions are answered in the next episode, heh. ] I also found it interesting that Euphie spoiler[ seemed to break the geass for suzaku, I hope she is not dead, you never know with anime.] So it seems we have 2 episodes left in season 1, then they start airing season 2 right after that ?
Aylinn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:38 pm Reply with quote
joshuafer wrote:
I also found it interesting that Euphie spoiler[ seemed to break the geass for suzaku, I hope she is not dead, you never know with anime.]

It's not really spoiler but just in case spoiler[Euphie is dead. She was not brought back to live ]

If you want to know a little what happens in episodes 24 and 25 you may watch the official Japanese promo for episodes 24&25
freezespell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I wrote:
Since the next episode will be the 23rd of this season, spoiler[it's safe to say that poor Euphie is a goner. Crying or Very sad ]

Looks like I was right on the money on this one. spoiler[The curse claims yet another victim. It's a shame that someone as good as Euphie had to die this way and to add insult to injury, will be remembered as a genocidal traitor and it wasn't even her fault. Crying or Very sad ]

Anyway, I have a feeling that this week's episode will set the tone for the rest of the series. If Suzaku spoiler[learned anything about Geass from V2, I'm sure he would have easily made a contract with her] and not think twice about it.

It was one of those episodes that I had to watch again, and yes, we got our repeat showing of Code Geass back... sort of.

100th post!!!!!
about damn time!!!
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Well clearly nothing compares to Frontier, but it's a pretty interesting concept regardless.

No, I'm talking about series officially released in the U.S. in 2008, for which Macross Frontier doesn't qualify. (And while I liked that series a lot, it wouldn't be guaranteed to make a Top 5 list of Japanese releases for the year.)

Anyway, this episode pretty much went the way it had to. After what happened last episode, spoiler[anyone else but Lelouch, as Zero, personally fatally shooting Euphie] would've felt wrong. Lelouch's trick at the end was satisfyingly inventive, and the phone call right before that was a nice touch.

But just who the hell is C.C. talking to, anyway? Do we ever find that out before this season is up?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quote
Huh? shouldn't you know by now that she is speaking to spoiler[Marianne, Lelouch's Mother]? I'm pretty sure that was mention before the events of 22-23
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:

No, I'm talking about series officially released in the U.S. in 2008, for which Macross Frontier doesn't qualify.

Well what's the point of that then? It's like the anime Special Olympics.
Wink
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:13 am Reply with quote
Yeah, from memory, C2 addressed spoiler[Marianne] by name in episode 22.

Which of course raises lots of interesting questions, the answers to which are of course big spoilers. I won't even post them under spoiler tags, so yah.

Just consider yourselves lucky that you don't have to wait for two or so months to watch the final two episodes, then another six months for season two.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:20 am Reply with quote
freezespell wrote:

Anyway, I have a feeling that this week's episode will set the tone for the rest of the series. If Suzaku spoiler[learned anything about Geass from V2, I'm sure he would have easily made a contract with her] and not think twice about it.

Just to note spoiler[that V.V. is a boy. Yeah, got you thinking, huh! Laughing ]
Key

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:46 am Reply with quote
ryokoalways wrote:
Huh? shouldn't you know by now that she is speaking to spoiler[Marianne, Lelouch's Mother]? I'm pretty sure that was mention before the events of 22-23

Was that the name she said? Boy, I will have to go back and watch that part of the episode again, because I did not catch that or the reference.

Man, that raises all sorts of interesting questions, but I have to get to work. I'll ponder them later.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
braves

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:37 am Reply with quote
braves wrote:
freezespell wrote:
Since the next episode will be the 23rd of this season, spoiler[it's safe to say that poor Euphie is a goner. Crying or Very sad ]

I don't think so. Remember when spoiler[Lelouch had a girl "geassed" to show for how long a person can under his control before it wears off? I'm guessing that in the next episode he'll know exactly how many days it is, and will just keep Euphie hostage until then.]

spoiler[I was so wrong. Anime cry]

Right now, I'm hoping that Suzaku will rip Lelouch a new one. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
darkchibi07 wrote:
You guys are fortunate of having NOT to wait an agonizing 5 months for episode 24!

Why did it take so long for that episode to air?

EDIT: Oh, and it was nice touch to havespoiler[ Lelouch's line of "Now, then" back from the end of the 1st episode. Wink ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zhir

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:

No, I'm talking about series officially released in the U.S. in 2008, for which Macross Frontier doesn't qualify.

Well what's the point of that then? It's like the anime Special Olympics.
Wink

Four words: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Why did it take so long for that episode to air?

Well, episode twenty-three was actually the last episode (episode twenty-five) aired in the season, thanks to two recaps. So, there was an initial wait of four months while the production staff finished off the final two episodes that had been planned to air in the initial run. The reason it was four months was because they had to apply for more funding, which never goes fast.

After those two played, there was a large wait of over six months for season two. That's because Sunrise was doing both Gundam 00 and Code Geass, and they couldn't do them simultaneously. So that large wait was while Sunrise was producing the first season of Gundam 00. When that season finished, R2 was then put on.

Needless to say, many fans were visibly (and verbally) annoyed.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Well clearly Gurren crushes all domestic competition for 2008, but it was from last year in Japan. It's the better series, but of '07, not '08.
freezespell

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Right now, I'm hoping that Suzaku will rip Lelouch a new one. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Oh, come on! We all know that what happened wasn't directly Lelouch's fault. He didn't know that his Geass would malfunction on him like that, but in order to spoiler[stop a genocidal killer that he created,] he basically did what he had to do even though he really didn't want to do it. If it was Suzaku that had to go through with this, he wouldn't even have the balls to spoiler[raise the gun at her, much less pull the trigger.] Even though he didn't want to spoiler[kill Euphie] and it's something he already regrets doing, I'm sure that he's going to enjoy killing spoiler[Cornelia].

darkchibi07 wrote:
Just to note spoiler[that V.V. is a boy. Yeah, got you thinking, huh! Laughing]

Oh my god. Anime dazed First I think that Rem from Death Note is a male shinigami and now this! Well, with Rem it should have been more obvious to me because of the pinkish skin tone and female sounding voice, but how could I have known about V2? Confused Anyway, I'm guessing that V2 and C2 must have some kind of history between them. It would be interesting to see them meet face to face.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:

Well clearly Gurren crushes all domestic competition for 2008, but it was from last year in Japan. It's the better series, but of '07, not '08.

Actually TTGL wasn't among the three I mentioned earlier, but I haven't seen the final third yet. If it finishes strong, it could be the fourth sure-thing. (And as far as official American releases - which is always what my year-end pieces are about - are concerned, it's clearly an '08 title.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 33 of 60