• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime/Manga/Game Events Cancelled After March 11 Quake

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gapgapgap

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I follow a few eroge companies (Unisonshift has me worried since they haven't updated...) and a ton of japanese artists on twitter. I hope their families are doing alright.

Anyway, I don't expect any anime to air until 2-3 weeks (or even a month) after this date, seeing as everyone needs to get back on their feet again.

As long as no more major earthquakes/tsunamis occur and TEPCO doesn't declare meltdown of Daiichi #1, I suppose the worst has finally passed.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I just hope they can recover for the this mess.

I wish everyone over there the best.
superbobich

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Guys guys,

just heard that the radioactivity near the Nuclear plant is going down. It seems that the explosion really didn't damage the innere reactore core. So there is still hope.

I don't know if I am allowed to post a link but I'll do it anyway:

source: http://www.n-tv.de/Spezial/Merkel-Deutsche-AKW-werden-ueberprueft-article2810866.html

P.s. sry but is in german so if you don't understand German pls use a translator.
superbobich

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:24 pm Reply with quote
sh** sh** sh**
the cooling system in the third reactor is not working anymore.

f***!!!!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:26 pm Reply with quote
If I'm reading the message on the Aoni Production site correctly, a Houko Kuwashima event sheduled for the 13th has been postponed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GRD84

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:08 pm Reply with quote
My friend is also in Japn somewhere. He's the oldest japanese freind I ever got. His name is Hiko and he also has some family over there and his mom is still very ill. I hope they're alright!

I also want to keep praying for those japanese whose still missing.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:19 pm Reply with quote
GRD84: if you're unable to contact them then it wouldn't hurt to check or register them with http://japan.person-finder.appspot.com/?lang=en (assuming you know their full name).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
xaeroak15

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote
It's horrible, what can be done such as a remote person is just to pray...
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Something I hadn't thought about before, but it's cold in Japan right now. Overnight lows are at freezing or below, with afternoon highs in the 60's. Making it through the night will be difficult for those who haven't found shelter. It will be more difficult for those trapped in rubble awaiting rescue. It appears that in the North, where the devastation is worst, rain and snow are predicted for later in the week. Not good.
superbobich

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I am not religous at all and I don't believe in the cristian god nor allah or any other god but I really really really pray to the might that "maybe" is watching over us to help all the people in japan because even if I don't believe in god I believe there is a certain might ( may it be aliens or whatever )that is maybe whatching us.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I think this is getting pretty one sided. While I definitely care for the Japanese, I also care for the anime. My greed is definitely partly to blame when I say this, but a frozen industry is never good. "Help your people, donate, but keep your industry moving" is probably the best thing I could think of at this point. Unfortunately that's the only way our economy works, and donations only help so much compared to a whole country's work force.

Japan should rely a bit more on foreign help as well. They should have called out for help instantly, yet we still have organizations "on hold" because "Japan didn't ask for it".

Japan is just reeling from this disaster. If they have to delay broadcasts to help with victims, then more power to them. Don't be asking for something when you're not front and center to what's really going on in the country.
taimea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:57 pm Reply with quote
any one seen this ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYElxUIB0V8
cbs says........
700 people are now confirmed dead Sad

explosion at a nuclear power plant tough the core is being cooled by sea water

have there been any names of the dead ?

dose anyone know if anime news network will give a list of dead mangkas ect if there are dead ...hope there wont be if there would be.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:23 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
egoist wrote:
I think this is getting pretty one sided. While I definitely care for the Japanese, I also care for the anime. My greed is definitely partly to blame when I say this, but a frozen industry is never good.

Japan is just reeling from this disaster. If they have to delay broadcasts to help with victims, then more power to them. Don't be asking for something when you're not front and center to what's really going on in the country.

I expect all anime shows to be postponed for at least a week, if not a month or more. Even if the buildings are in good shape and people aren't hurt, they've still got a problem with power right now. We could see some new episodes over the following week with delays on episodes in the following weeks.
spoony

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quote
This whole things has been heartbreaking. I feel so helpless. :'(

I have plans to leave for Tokyo at the end of the month for a semester abroad, but my plans might change if the U.S. doesn't lift the Travel Advisory there. I really hope I can still go and will be able to get involved in the relief effort while I'm there. I did check on my friends over there (all OK) and donate to the Red Cross.

My thoughts and prayers are with Japan!
toons

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:06 am Reply with quote
i wanna knw what about the music composrers are takanashi yasuharu,kotarou nakagawa and the rest ok does anyone knw? and am really sadden that happened they are definetly in my prays.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8